Double hook

C
Charlie_merrifi
I'm setting up my wedding rings with double hooks. which one do I bait. The one closest to the wedding ring
 
M
metalfisher76
Yeah, I would. Gives ya the trailer hook.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
makes sense to me. also no it would be safe to have a longer worm tail since the short biters will still get a hook. I might have to rig up all my trolling gear this way now. look what you started.
 
C
Charlie_merrifi
I know I bought some super sharp hooks and I was told that kokes are rollers so with the double hook when they shake or roll they will get hooked by the second hook
 
troutdude
troutdude
Yep, a trailer hook (behind the worm) works VERY well!

And...another secret about worms. If you thread them with the tail end up the line--and the head on the hook (or just below it)--you will catch TONS more trout and kokes. Why? Because just like any other predator...a fish strikes the head first!
 
C
Charlie_merrifi
Worm and a little corn
 
T
Thuggin4Life
troutdude said:
Yep, a trailer hook (behind the worm) works VERY well!

And...another secret about worms. If you thread them with the tail end up the line--and the head on the hook (or just below it)--you will catch TONS more trout and kokes. Why? Because just like any other predator...a fish strikes the head first!

No wonder i do better than others in my boat. I use the purple end only and cut it neer the ring. thread on from the cut so the point is pointed away from my flashers and i only leave the smallest bit of tail hanging so no short strikes.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Yep. I learned that secret from the famous Oregon Guide & tackle designer/beta tester Buzz Ramsey. And it works, as you have proven!
 
C
Charlie_merrifi
Any specific kind of worm
 
T
Thuggin4Life
I ussually use the glo in the dark black ringed wormed that i special order from austrailia but i suposed you could try a regular old nightcrawler.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Thuggin4Life said:
I ussually use the glo in the dark black ringed wormed that i special order from austrailia but i suposed you could try a regular old nightcrawler.

ROTFL!!!

Can I get that number, so I can place my order??? LOL
 
C
Charlie_merrifi
Me too
 
troutdude
troutdude
We just need to develop a strain of Sabre-Tooth worms. Then the phrase "biting fish", will have a whole new meaning.
 
T
Thuggin4Life
lol. the juicier the better. I always check for thick purply nights. seems like some stores are notourious for good worms and some are for really bad nights. if there are a few sad looking thinner white worms don't buy em.
 
C
Cannon
Charlie_merrifi said:
I'm setting up my wedding rings with double hooks. which one do I bait. The one closest to the wedding ring

I usually bait both hooks, one nice peice of scented shoepeg corn on each. A little UV flash on the corn also helps. Kokanee are tail nippers and usually strike from the rear so highlighting that last hook will increase your hookups.
 
C
Cannon
Kokanee are only somewhat attracted to worms and then only in the spring. If you want a real hot bait, try crawfish tails. The scent will send them over the edge in the spring.
 
C
Charlie_merrifi
Thanks
 
troutdude
troutdude
Cannon said:
Kokanee are only somewhat attracted to worms and then only in the spring. If you want a real hot bait, try crawfish tails. The scent will send them over the edge in the spring.

Hmmm, never thought of that before. But am wiliing to see how they do. Thanks!

P.S. I have used worms n' corn...to also attract trout. Will the trout also hit the crawdad meat?
 
C
Cannon
Trout love crawfish, look in a large brown or rainbows stomach....Flys are for kids rabbit
 
troutdude
troutdude
ROTFL!

Thanks for the crawdaddy tip...er um...tail!
 

Similar threads

TheKnigit
Replies
1
Views
528
troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace
Replies
3
Views
420
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
Casting Call
Replies
2
Views
334
Casting Call
Casting Call
Fummus
Replies
5
Views
409
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bass
Replies
2
Views
646
bass
bass
Top Bottom