Double bladed spinners

B
beaverfan
I was sitting here bored this afternoon and was thinking why nobody ever makes double bladded spinners? Do they not work? I twisted a couple up this evening to see how they would look. What do you guys think? Sorry about the crappy pics.

F
Fishtopher
I made some trout gear kinda like that a while back for my gramps for trolling. He trolls a lot in some of the high lakes, and asked me to reproduce some of the things he can't find anymore, or stuff that was probably home made in the first place.

B
beaverfan
Well I tossed one a bit last night and they work kinda nice. Didn't catch anything but neither did anyone else! I think it will work quite nice for trolling for browns and probably even kokanee, but I'm determined to catch a Salmon/Steelhead on one.

G
GDBrown
beaverfan said:
Well I tossed one a bit last night and they work kinda nice. Didn't catch anything but neither did anyone else! I think it will work quite nice for trolling for browns and probably even kokanee, but I'm determined to catch a Salmon/Steelhead on one.

Maybe you need to paint them with the UV colors! :yay:

B
beaverfan
I'm afraid I'm at the beginning of my spinner tying career. I need to get the basics down first I think. I will start to experiment with basic paints but I'm not very artistic so I will probably have issues. I can't even trace well. LOL

G
GDBrown
Spray cans make it easy!

F
Fishtopher
Woah!

Woah!

I just picked up three of those last night!! All the rage in my neighborhood! 20' of some 3/4" hemp rope (has to be hemp so it doesn't spook 'em) to the trailer hitch, slow trolled at about 3.3mph down 82nd AVE...make sure you use a lottery ticket tied in the bait loop of a stinger hook, as you'll get lotsa short strikes due to the lack of motivation in the "biters"...:lol:

Hurry up and get some and get down here before the weather turns and the action slows!

T
Troutier Bassier
What do you have a 5 Inch hook for????

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
What do you have a 5 Inch hook for????

Hes gonna go ninja soon, blend into the night, and start usin that thing as a grapple. Better have 500 lb test! :D

J
JeannaJigs
Meps makes a double bladed spinner...I bought a couple of 'em...caught a nice cuttie on one, it's a gold body with red metallic blades.

B
beaverfan
Well I caught three nice fat trout on a smaller double bladed spinner. The top of it had a #1 french blade and then a small brass body then a #2 brass clamshell and a larger brass body. The fish would just devour it, and damn near swallow the whole spinner. I only kept three fish yesterday and all three were the ones I caught with my spinner.