Do I need tags?

S
smoky
Hello one of my buddys wants to go steelhead fishing with me but he doesn't have his tags can he still target them for c&r

S
Steeliekiller
That's a negitive smokey. Must have a license, Columbia river endorsment (if fishing any Columbia river trib.) As well as, salmon, steelhead tag. I'd advise getting yourself a 2014 reg book and looking up some things. Best of luck

troutdude
troutdude
^^^ what he said.

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Yep. It's a mighty fine if he's caught without one. And "I didn't know better" gets you off the hook exactly 0% of the time.

Last edited:
B
bigboy70
^^^what he said plus depending on the officer or game warden they can take all your gear, suspend future licenses, and slap you with that fine. definitely not worth it get the reg book and usually if you go to your local tackle shop where you can buy tags and such. you tell them what you want to fish for and the area and the usually make sure you got the right endorsements and tags.

S
smoky
I got all my stuff just wondered if my friend needed tags as he normally just lake fishes.
Thanks for all the info.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
smoky, you guys NEED to pick up a copy of the regs and keep them in your tackle box/bag so you don't end up with a huge fine and possibly losing your gear as well. Until you get to Bi-Mart, Walmart, Fred Meyer, or any sporting/fly shop check out this link: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/index.asp#rules

S
smoky
I got the reg book just wasn't able to find what i was looking for. And dont worry i make sure that everything im using or doing very legal.