DiY lure retriever

S
Snagglehook
After losing 4 members of my tackle box to the depths of the Willamette last weekend (1 a new recruit fresh out of the package and on its first cast!), and 1 to the Tualatin yesterday, I decided a special extraction unit had to be my top priority.

Neither Sportsman's nor Fisherman's carried one off the shelf so I had to put one together out of a ragtag bunch of misfit parts with everything to prove and nothing to lose.

If you have a snag, if no one else can help, and if you can find the parts, maybe you can make...The A-Team:

I pity the snag that hooks my lure!

Yet to be tested, but I figure it's just a matter of time before I report back on it's performance. I'm planning on getting a 24' retractable dog leash to attach it to.

• SealTeam6.jpg
E
eugene1
Interesting invention! I hope it works as expected, but you may need an even bigger one when that one snags up!

C
ChezJfrey
Ah yes, the first cast with new lure/immediate snag syndrome...been there once or twice!

As for eugene1, I'm still chuckling...the lure retriever retriever -- shot put ball with tire chains, maybe? ;)

E
eugene1
DiY lure retriever

ChezJfrey said:
As for eugene1, I'm still chuckling...the lure retriever retriever -- shot put ball with tire chains, maybe? ;)

A buddy and I pulled up jamisonace's sunk db seat on the Willy a few years back with this snag anchor... Go big or go home!

115ba783ece062aea5b3fd6aa1ad1af6.jpg

hobster
hobster
:D Yeah that should do it. ^^^