Dimples on the water surface

P
PstMactear
What are the small dimples the appear on the water surface. I thought they were minnows but can not see them. Larvae of some sort?

the surface.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Casting Call
Casting Call
PstMactear said:
What are the small dimples the appear on the water surface. I thought they were minnows but can not see them. Larvae of some sort?

View attachment 639544
PstMactear said:

View attachment 639544
Posted Oct. 28th with no replies so I won't be high jacking this post. What body of water is this? where is it? What time of year? I will use the word "dimples" because it reminds me of a two-way road of vision. Convex and concave which both are magnifiers Here's my thinking over the years. Spot fishing is and should be stealthy as most have learned. An underwater creature, fish in this case sits in a spot most of its time looking to feed. Dimples go by and magnify the world above any change will draw attention feed or flight? On the other side of the vision road, one must crawl knee high, behind a bush or on you belly and wait for YOUR 'dimple, hopefully a large dimple to sight cast in the feed column of your target. Remembering not to cast a shadow, face the light, to you advantage. Use your magnifier my fellow fisher peeps. Stay safe. Any comments please. Just "Sharing my ways of fishing. "MORE TO COME" Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: Eazy-E
O
Oregunner
Loch Ness?

Vintageflyguy
Vintageflyguy
Seen similar 'dimples' over in Central Oregon - Paulina - and they were this year's fry being spooked by either a fish or a lure cast to them

jamisonace
jamisonace
Reactions: Snopro
Casting Call
Casting Call
Saw one of those on the willy by the portland old spegettie factory back in the day. Tony