deal or no deal?

Shimano cennan reg$219 sale$99
Berkley im8 reg$84 sale$64
Lamiglass g-200 reg$89 sale$69
Lamiglass classic reg$89
Sale$58
Okuma Celilo reg$54 sale$39
I'm looking for a good first ever salmon/steelhead drift rod and I was leaning towards the shimano cennan because it comes with an over the counter lifetime warrenty but ify as to y its over 50% off? So any input would be muchly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Get the Cennan. That is coming from someone who has probably put over 100 fish on it since he got it for Winters early last month. He has the 9'6" 4-8lb. test version. The blank transmits energy surprisingly well, and for 100 bucks you will be very happy. The Celilo is also a very good choice, great quality blank, and pretty light guides. I have one, and absolutely destroyed fish on it before grenading it completely. But for shipping I am getting a new rod, even after telling them how I abused it. Great for sidedrifting especially. The 9'6" 6-12 was well put together for an economical drift machine. The Cennan is the best deal on a very high end rod. I hate to say it, but Shimano did an outstanding job on this one. And the Celilo is fantastic for a more economical choice. Would make a great float rod in the 10+ version, and for a "backup" or "secondary" presentation rod, it is the best you will get for 40 bones. They also have reels on sale, Revo STX casters for 150 and the new Shimano spinning units have a chamfered leading edge on the spool, making casting ease that much better. The line screams off those things now. Well thought out, deadly simple modification, that really made a noticeable difference. The sales are where its at if you pay full retail on a regular basis for gear.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Shimano line. I have owned two of the Clarus rods, and have two spinning reels (symetre and stradic), and they have performed wonderfully with a lifetime warranty.

Top Bottom