Cutthroats!!...I think...

M
Moe
2010-10-24 17.44.27.jpg2010-10-24 17.44.53.jpg2010-10-24 17.44.44.jpg:DWell today I decided to fish a stream for the first time. All caght on a black panther partin. I think they are cutthroats, and it would be my first cutthroats.

Last edited:
W
waco
yes they are cutthroat and they look like really nice ones!!! where did you get those??

brandon4455
brandon4455
i thought you are only allowed to keep 2 a day in streams..

M
Moe
brandon4455 said:
i thought you are only allowed to keep 2 a day in streams..

My lil brother dropped by in the end to catch his first cutthroat after I told him I caught something.
Waco, send me a P.M. and I'll tell you.

M
Moe
and also, one of them had two small skeins of eggs. Could they be used as bait for any fish?

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive heard of people using trout eggs for other trout,but not salmon and steelhead. i don't know if you use a regular curing method though :/

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah just bait em up on the bank and tossthem back out. Nice trout!

B
bigsteel
those are relly nice fish,,too bad you kept them,cutthroat trout should be released

Admin
Admin
bigsteel said:
those are relly nice fish,,too bad you kept them,cutthroat trout should be released
C'mon bigsteel, they should be released if Moe would decide that they should. And they should be eaten if Moe decided to eat them ;)

H
halibuthitman
jeez! yeah big steel.. bully!;) but on a serious note.. Moe, your title implies you kept fish that you really werent quite sure of their species.. if you had been in a river with bull trout or any one of a number of protected fish, you could be in a little trouble, seems your ok this time but learn your fish.. its part of the responsibility of a good sportsman. Great job, those are some very nice cutts!:clap:

B
bigsteel
halibuthitman said:
jeez! yeah big steel.. bully!;) but on a serious note.. Moe, your title implies you kept fish that you really werent quite sure of their species.. if you had been in a river with bull trout or any one of a number of protected fish, you could be in a little trouble, seems your ok this time but learn your fish.. its part of the responsibility of a good sportsman. Great job, those are some very nice cutts!:clap:
:D:D

M
Moe
Yeah I guess your right Bigsteel, next week I am fishing here again, and will release all of them.
Halibut, I know wat a bull trout looks like, and I was pretty sure these were cutts, but I get your point, thanks.
Thanks Anatoly!

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:

Yep. If you say to a Game Warden or State Trooper..."I think that they're..." you would be TICKETED on the spot!

Be very careful my friend. I'd hate to see your hard earned money deposited into the state fund.

troutdude
troutdude
Releasing those cutts (or any fish), is totally dependent upon the regulations for that specific body of water. So, just look it up before you head out. Then, you'll know how many are legal to keep (should you wish to keep any).

T
Thuggin4Life
troutdude said:
Yep. If you say to a Game Warden or State Trooper..."I think that they're..." you would be TICKETED on the spot!

Be very careful my friend. I'd hate to see your hard earned money deposited into the state fund.

can't wait to tell a game waarden i got a bunch of salmon when fall chinook fishing. then when he says what kind of salmon i will say oh just some cohos when i really have chinook just to mess with him. if its same guy that was checking last year next year since i missed this yeah and he was giving us **** about being duck fans last year.

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
he was giving us **** about being duck fans last year.

There isn't anything wrong with bein a DUCK fan! GO DUCKS!!

T
TTFishon
Moe said:
and also, one of them had two small skeins of eggs. Could they be used as bait for any fish?

When I was a kid I use to catch cutts on cured trout roe in the Long Tom below Fern Ditch Dam just about every winter weekend. So yes trout roe works. I cured it with borax. BTW, nice cutts!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Thuggin4Life said:
can't wait to tell a game waarden i got a bunch of salmon when fall chinook fishing. then when he says what kind of salmon i will say oh just some cohos when i really have chinook just to mess with him. if its same guy that was checking last year next year since i missed this yeah and he was giving us **** about being duck fans last year.

My bro in law, used that very line a couple of years ago; when taking out on the Alsea. As soon as he said, "I think"...that officer immediately wrote him a ticket and handed it to him! Why? Because the law says, that you are to know what specie you have before they are boated/landed.

Just a word to the wise..........