Custom fly tying base

B
bigboy70
So happy I got this finished today simple its 4.6" x 4.4" one inch thick and weighs 6lbs made out of hardened stainless steel

Before

uploadfromtaptalk1394341774201.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394341794570.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394341809109.jpg
Set screw holds vise in place drilled and tap everything is manually milled and surface ground top for a nice finish.

WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK?!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sweet.

J
JeannaJigs
I really wrap my jigs tight, and even with a clamp my vice moves around a bit while tying, how's that do staying put?

F
FishFinger
That's awesome! 6 lbs should give you one heck of a good base support.

B
bigboy70
Its solid I tied some flies last night and snapped my 8/0 thread before it budged

W
waco
Nice I like it!!

Chromatose
Chromatose
That will hold the test of tying. Nice work.

B
bigboy70
uploadfromtaptalk1394427563387.jpg test jig a lot of things tied on there to test base for jigs and happy to report base didn't move and wound thread as tight as I could without snapping it

Chromatose
Chromatose
You would need Dental floss to tip that over.................

B
bigboy70
Can say figure never ever going back to a clamp so much nicer being able to move it around

E
eugene1
Cool vice!

B
bigboy70
Majority of vise rods are close to size so ill be able to always use this base need to upgrade to a rotary vice

Snake River
Snake River
Rotary vice is the only way to go.

R
Richard W T
I like it!

S
Stonefish
That looks great. Nice work!

B
bigboy70
Thanking a.New vice since things a tank I love it

B
Billamicasr
That's a huge piece of very nice SS. Are you employed in the metals industry? lathe operator possibly?
Very nice job done, I love those kinds of innovations. Wow!

B
bigboy70
Work in a tool and dye shop. Access to lots of toys

B
Billamicasr
Great trade - congrats.
Based upon my years with gears... may I give just one small piece of advice. Listen to those old guys; sometimes the old ways are better than the new technology; sometimes even faster.
Never stop innovating... how fun to make something worthwhile.

B
bigboy70
Lol thats all there is Bill! Me and the owners got very lucky

Top Bottom