Cullaby Lake Fishing

F
FloridaJoe
Hey everybody,

Fished Cullaby Lake yesterday for about four hours from the bank at the south end near the swimming area. afternoon to evening. Threw small castmasters and floated some power bait. even threw a white and red rooster for a while. No bites to speak of.

C
cavdad45
Forget the trout gear there. That lake is loaded with big bass. 6-8 pounders! I even caught one in the little pads near the playground using a frog last summer. Only three feet from shore.

Definitely hit the lake with a boat. It also has lots of perch, panfish, and bullhead cats.

B
buddah426
i agree fully cavdad. i spent a couple years growing up right across the 101 at sunset... both very good lakes for bass and yes your right again... YOU WANT A BOAT, for both lakes. you wont regret it!!! i fished both lakes in a little 12' john boat that barley held me and my dog but i caught some great fish in both lakes.:dance::lol::dance:

C
cavdad45
That is so cool! Do you still live on the coast? I went to Seaside High School graduated 1981.

B
buddah426
cavdad45 said:
That is so cool! Do you still live on the coast? I went to Seaside High School graduated 1981.
no unfortunately. moved there back and fourth from 88 to 97 been all over else where since and just crash landed back in portland. know any of the grothe's? thats my clan... if u ever spent any time at gearhart race track u probably know my family and all i grew up with.

C
cavdad45
buddah426 said:
no unfortunately. moved there back and fourth from 88 to 97 been all over else where since and just crash landed back in portland. know any of the grothe's? thats my clan... if u ever spent any time at gearhart race track u probably know my family and all i grew up with.

I used to hit the track (North Coast Racing) every weekend back in 1990 when I got out of the Navy. Too bad it's not operating anymore, lots of memories from when my boys were small.

Now I rarely go to the coast except for a planned fishing trip. Too many changes.

A
Af_Bassmaster
Brownsmead

Brownsmead

Hey im going to be visiting home during july and was wondering if you guys had any info on brownsmead. Any big bass coming out of there yet?

C
cavdad45
Sorry, I have only fished Brownsmead a couple times in my life and hadn't fared well so I don't go there anymore. Wish I could give you better info.

A
Af_Bassmaster
I lived in knappa for awhile and we pulled a lot of fish out of there. My brother and cousins have been doing pretty good so far. Getting my tackle ready. Im going to try cullaby for the first time when I get down there too

C
cavdad45
Af_Bassmaster said:
I lived in knappa for awhile and we pulled a lot of fish out of there. My brother and cousins have been doing pretty good so far. Getting my tackle ready. Im going to try cullaby for the first time when I get down there too

Let us in on some of their secrets for Brownsmead, OK. Good luck at Cullaby.

A
Af_Bassmaster
Well last year when I fished there I was using a worm, black with chartruse tail. My brother said they are hitting chartruse lately. Spinners are always a must. Caught a decent size one using a plastic swim bait by the colverts around there too. Just a plain clear one with silver flakes in it.

C
c_13_b
Hey there....sooo whats the good word on the Brownsmead fishing?? I grew up in Knappa, did a lot of fishing....there is a lot of panfish to be caught in Brownsmead....timing is crucial. A boat will almost guarantee more fish too...

C
c_13_b
Brownsmead fishing...

Brownsmead fishing...

I caught a couple dandees in Brownsmead the is past couple days....the big boy was a 5lb. largemouth...also caught about a 3lber in Lewis and Clark. The picture of the 5lb is on a camera phone and pretty much sucks...could have used a nice camera so I could show it off. haha

B
BlueBass
Living Next to Brownsmead

Living Next to Brownsmead

I live less than 10 mins. from Brownsmead and have for the past 20 years. I have just in the last year bought my first bass boat, a 1993 Bass Tracker. Man she was a sorry unit when I bought it, I guess that is why it was only $700.00 not bad. It leaked worse that a cheese grader, and a bad 1955 50 HP Mercury. Found a 17 foot trailer and a 1978 55 HP Johnson for and another $700.00. First Bass Boat $1400.00. With a little TLC the boat is a killer little unit. Fix all the wiring and all the leaks, man I feel like a Million Dollars when I fish out of it.....LOL. Well with in the first year of owning the boat in all the years that I have been Bass fishing the Slough. I started fishing in Febuary fishing about 1 to 2 days a week with no luck, until April and cought my first bass in my boat 5lbs 4oz, not bad, got her on a Strike King Jig brown and red with a rattle, I also had a crawdad trailer. I went on to fish Brownsmead about 2 to 3 days a week, doing very well with sinkos, jigs, spinner baits, holla popers, swimbaits. I have been shallow crank baiting brownsmean sence the fall and have been doing very well. September 29th I cought 5 fish with 2 hrs after day light and 1 was 6lbs 7oz, pretty good day. So anyone that fishes brownsmead and dont catch fish, man I dont know wthat to say!! Well I guess I should say they are down there, just keep on trying!!

C
c_13_b
Brownsmead fishing

Brownsmead fishing

My girlfriend and I went to Brownsmead this morning around 9am. We fished for about 2 hours and between the two of us caught about 2 dozen crappie and a couple rock bass. There was big bass slamming the surface in the distance early on. The fish are still hungry :)

B
BlueBass
4 Sure

4 Sure

Ya those bass are still hungry, they really hit hard when Takalo's Tide Gate is open. All my big bass come when the tide is going out. I don't day any other fishing down there exept Bass. I cought about 10 good size Small Mouth this year down there. So do you fish from the bank or out of a boat??

C
c_13_b
I fish from boat and bank...mostly bank tho. I moved back down here recently so I am enjoyin as much fishing as possible...good times.