Crater Lake fishing

S
steelhead_slayer
Has anyone ever fished crater lake? im heading over there soon, and was thinking about throwing some lures in the lake. is there any suggestions? also i was thinking about looking for brookies in the streams. any suggestions there? thanks

troutdude
troutdude
Hope you have a 2500' leader! LOL

But seriously, there are trout in there. The usual trolling or casting techniques ought to do the trick.

If you can, try the upper Rogue while you're in that 'hood.

C
cookshot
I was actually there last weekend for the first time. As far as I could tell there was only one real way to get to the water, and I guess its a fair hike. There are trout, I have a buddy that has caught a few little ones, but it is so pure, there isn't enough stuff in the water for the trout to get very big. After we left I fished a little (I know your looking for a stream) lake near lemolo lake called pile lake. It's only like a quarter mile hike. It was like 1 in the afternoon, so I didn't catch anything, but I had several brookies chase me. Had one take on my fly rod on the N. Umpqua, but I dont think it was a brook.

S
steelhead_slayer
thanks for the replies. i probably wont get to go anywhere else. doing a family thing. ill probably go throw a rapala down there and hope for the best

C
cookshot
that is good info. Guess I was mistaken

S
steelhead_slayer
thank you guys.