Crane Prairie Reservoir

playhooky

Crane delivered everything I'd expected as usual the three days I got to be there this week.....sun, wind and chunky rainbows. The "Fish On" day was Tuesday with 2 limits of clipped bows in the boat in five hours. Released several nice high finners during the three days. Anchoring in or just at the edge of channels (deschutes/quinn) is key. Inflated nightcrawlers surprisingly enough only produced one lunker while all others inhaled plain orange PB at about 20-24" OFF the bottom (Carolina slip rig). Better get there soon if you plan on going as the water is beginning to cloud already. Visibility is about 2'.....maybe 30". Of course campgrounds are mostly crammed now so good luck finding a spot. CP is a beautiful spot in the world. Love fishing with those majestic eagles soaring overhead. Cheers!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Troutski

Thanks for the pictures, that is a very special place. Haven't been there in quite a while, nice to see the fish are eating well...
Again thanks for the post...

Chuck

Troutski

Does anyone know what the snow is like around Rock Creek, planning a trip for opening week. We normally camp on the water on the Rock Creek arm. Any help is greatly appreciated...

Chuck

GaryP1958

Most likely not plowed yet! Most likely have to use the resort launch and campground! I will be there opening day!

nickrcarter6

Just making sure you guys know opening day is on a Monday this yr. A lot of guys aren't aware of the change from the normal Saturday opener

4labs

OK Gary will depend on you for a report. Will be there for a one day run thur- sat depending on weather and will need a road-ramp repot also plus what works. Never have fished the crane only wick.
Cant wait.

GaryP1958

Launch ramp is open and plenty of parking. Tried to get down to the dam ramp but alot of snow still! FS campground is partially open with about half the sites taken! Tried to get up to Cultus but still alot of snow about a mile before Cascade Lk HWY!

GaryP1958

Is that by the dam I got a 16 incher yesterday, I think the bass are taking over that lake. I dont understand why they have a limit on them in that lake!

nickrcarter6

No not by the dam. And I mean in my opinion with out regulations on them I've seen lakes turn into dirty places where people cut gills and throw fish on the bank. But with regs in place people are far less likely to miss treat wildlife

GaryP1958

Road is open to Lava Lake as of this morning! BIL said it was to cold so I came back to Florence and will fish it next week after he is gone from the family cabin!:mad:

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom