COVID-19 situation in Oregon?

Admin
Admin
What is the situation in Oregon? Here in Ukraine it's all very strange. Borders are closed as schools and kinder gardens. But when I go outside I don't see any difference. No masks, no gloves...

G
Gulfstream
All schools closed in the state for 2 weeks

Admin
Admin
Gulfstream said:
All schools closed in the state for 2 weeks

Do they have to stay at home? Our kids just playing outside...
In China everyone have to stay at home and allowed to leave a house only once in 3 days for grocery. If you caught outside without a permit, you go to jail. Well, that's what internet says.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Marshall Law is in some states. China has it already. Before some of you climb all over my comment. Let me say this "if it sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck, and looks like a duck" it's probably a duck. as in Duck & Hide. Ya'll (gov)get your heads outa the sand. Tony

Reactions: troutdude
P
pinstriper
I understand Italy is taking the restrictions pretty seriously and it is being reported as high compliance rates.

Oregon ? I haven't seen the crazy shortages in grocery stores and such, but I did see the Dollar stores are out of wipes and gel.

Beyond that, I fully expect this to be where kids are running amok out in public, and accomplishing very little.

C_Run
C_Run
I am not up to date but there were 30 official cases in Oregon yesterday. Our friend in Corvallis said they are getting set up to do drive-through testing once they get the tests. You can't find hand sanitizer in Independence thanks to all the hoarders.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Media driven panic is fueling the idiots. All of a sudden toilet paper is number one on everyone's shopping list, totally stupid! There are 36 confirmed cases in Oregon, 9 of which are in a Lebanon retirement center. Soap and water is all that is really required for clean hands. Seems like a lot of folks suddenly need to be reminded to wash their hands...:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Irishrover and troutdude
Admin
Admin
pinstriper said:
I understand Italy is taking the restrictions pretty seriously and it is being reported as high compliance rates.

I heard that Italy has the highest % of old people. May be that's why Italy became the center of pandemic.
If they don't lie, no one younger 10 years died. From 10 to 40 the death % from coronavirus is almost like from flue. But for 40-60 and especially 60-80 it's 10 or 100 times more deadly than flue.

Here is what I read yesterday and what can save a life (if it's true). It destroys lungs. And when the person with high temperature goes to doctors, often it's too late, lungs are already destroyed heavily. Everyone can do such a test daily - inhale and hold it for 10 sec. If you didn't start cuffing, your are fine. If you can't hold your breath for 10 sec, go to a doctor even if you don't have a high temperature yet.

G
Gulfstream
I don't get the T P deal either.I have lots of socks and plenty of rags in my shop...…..

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude and Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I think it's important to understand that COVID-19 is a "SARS" type virus and doesn't kill people in the same way as normal influenza. the technical name of the underlying virus is "SARS-CoV-2" and in a certain percentage of people, it causes an inflammatory reaction involving the entire lungs called ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome). Most of the people that get COVID-19 are going to have a fever, coughing, and flu like symptoms, then recover after a few days of being sick. The ones that get the extra ARDS symptom need to get on a respirator quickly in order to have a chance of surviving.

here is a great medical explanation of ARDS and how it kills so quickly:

Reactions: Raincatcher, pinstriper and Casting Call
troutdude
troutdude
That's a fantastic explanation! Thanks for sharing @rogerdodger

M
montym
Guess most of you all should not be worried much about the corona virus, no proof that you've been catching anything lately!

[emoji28]
M

• Haha
Reactions: playhooky, Admin and troutdude
Admin
Admin
montym said:
no proof that you've been catching anything lately
good one )