Cottage Grove, or area, need alum boat repairs

K
knucklehead 61
I live in San Jose, Ca, but frequently am at our property in Cottage Grove, Or.
Anyway, last week I took my new to me 2007 Alumaweld 17' Stryker out on Dorena res. for the first time & found that there were a few small holes in the bottom.
Upon further inspection It seems to have "burned" corrosion blisters & a couple of them "popped" open making holes in the bottom of the hull.
I removed the seats & floorboards & have a friend removing the fuel tank to fully expose the damage.
So i am looking for recommendations for a reputable welding / fab shop in the Eugene area that can either weld the holes shut or remove & replace the damaged area as needed.
This is somewhat hard to do as I am back in Ca but my friend can deliver the boat to the welders shop, so I was hoping someone had a good solid referral so I don't get ripped off.
I want to get this done prior to my next trip to Oregon so I can take it salmon fishing in Winchester Bay.
Thanks in advance!

• boat 7-12-14 1.JPG
E
eugene1
Koffler boats in Eugene.

G
grampa ron
Koffler is the right place. The blisters are probly from a leaking battery. I had it happen to me.

K
knucklehead 61
i talked to Scott at Koffler today & it sounds like they can get it fixed up properly. Thanks

E
eugene1
Scott's a good guy!

K
knucklehead 61
Koffler is fixing my boat now.
I asked them to install a mercury 9.9 kicker motor & a swim step as long as they had my boat in their shop anyway.
I'll pick it up next time i visit Oregon.
I can't wait to try it out on the water!

E
eugene1
Glad it's getting fixed up.

I think they could install a Yamaha kicker!

When are you heading back?

Take care,

K
knucklehead 61
i don't think i can get back up there until thanksgiving unfortunately.

Top Bottom