Columbia and Willamette spring chinook fishing.

C
chad wiest
photo (1).jpgSpring Chinook fishing on the Columbia and Willamette is just getting going. The river has seen a lot of pressure with very limited success. Cut plug green label herring behind a Shortbus flasher is my go to method and did this one in. The big new moon tides and large offshore swell has slowed the arrival of new fish, but the tides are getting softer and we are going to see better fishing in the next week or two. Hopefully we will get an extension on the Columbia and the small shot of snow should help keep the willamette from getting too warm too fast. Either way you look at it the next month should be your best shot at fresh chrome fish from the lower rivers. Good Luck out there everyone!

T
Troutslayerjenn
Nice fish Chad! We just got our first springer of the season with the same method you used to get yours. It was my mom's first springer in years.

Good luck and lets hope they just keep coming in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427592473.650796.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Troutslayerjenn said:
Nice fish Chad! We just got our first springer of the season with the same method you used to get yours. It was my mom's first springer in years.

Good luck and lets hope they just keep coming in.

excellent!

C
chad wiest
Congrats on that springer, it is a big one! Fishing is improving big time! Here are a couple pics from the last few days. It is time!photo (6).jpgphoto (5).jpgphoto (4).jpg

J
Jordy
Its been a great season. This next week should be a bloodbath.