Color or chrome?

W
WillamiteNewbie
So i understand a fish is a fish. and especially if it's a steelie but on a personal note what would you rather see at the end of your line a colorful steelie or a chromer? and don't be smart a$$'s about this. i'm posting to one, get other people's opinions and two, so people can see a new post on the forum and not get on and see the same one everyday, like i do sometimes.

me personally i like the more colorful looking steelhead, idk why. my first steelhead ever this last year was a colorful one. maybe that's why? how about you guys?

H
halibuthitman
I love a cherry stripe steelhead, and since I let most of mine go I like a more photogenic fish.. but when im looking for food, im looking for chrome and lice-

H
hcole
They're all great, but like Brad said, if I'm looking to eat I prefer a bright fish.

P
plumb2fish
Since I.don't eat winter steelhead, I am happy when I am just out in pursuit...I love big ol double racing striped bucks, but a chromed with transparent fins is Purdy too....

Admin
D
dtikey
I'm making an assumption that you eat summers but don't eat winters. How come?

He says they taste like mud and feeds them to his wife...this is true

D
dtikey
I would rather catch a big red striped buck that is really girthy and has attitude for a pic for sure.I dont eat any salmon or steelhead and give all the ones I tagg away so chrome dont bother me but I do like to get eggs every now and then

D
dtikey
Because of floods?
like fall chinook they come in pretty much ready to spawn and dont carry the same amount of oils in thier meat and makes the taste different I guess.Just a guess but think Im right on key

Admin
I thought winters taste better because they don't spend as much time in rivers as summers.

D
dtikey
I thought winters taste better because they don't spend as much time in rivers as summers.

I guess just up to everybodys prefence

Admin
true