Coleman Craw Dad- anyone have any experience with these?

1 nut in the water
I am thinking about getting one of these for playing on small lakes and a few gentle rivers.
Anyone have any experience with them? I am kinda curious how they will do on small rapids and the overall stability. Also if they are easy to haul around with one person???

R
Rusty Stern
Yer talking about the small two-seaters right? If memory serves, they are a bit bigger than those small Bass Proshop two man skiffs. With limited horsepower ratings, I would bet it would be difficult for use on rivers. As a 'drifter' it woudl be fairly difficult to manage in moving water without the power of a motor. I woudl strongly advise not using one of these in rapids. Even minor rapids woudl render it dangerous as they are not very stable. If it has elevated seats, it would be even worse in this scenario as the center of gravity would be raised making it even more unstable.

On the other hand, these are great small water, and lake boats. Easily dealt with by one fairly strong person. Only challenge is, even at a shorter 10-12' range, it is a bit much for the bed of most trucks. So some kind of trailer would be better.

Good luck, and wear your PFD!

1 nut in the water
Ya, I figure any rapids would bring disaster but I am going to buy one for playing on the lakes and probably will test its limits one day next summer on the Umpqua. I have a trolling motor and finally have finished my 12' trailer which maybe yet another adventure! I have logged a ton of miles the last few years on my pontoon so it is time to move up.....

T
Throbbit _Shane
You gonna carry that through smith ferry rapids ? lol

Lets fish this week some time 1nut.

1 nut in the water
yes! And i am going to need your help!
Ready to fish- let's go...............