Close but no cigar!!!

S
SALTYFISH
So I headed out on a adventure today "Technically yesterday" to do some exploring. I was to be accompanied by my mentor and one of his friends.They were not coming till 11:00am, so I had a jump on them.

Started at boundary something or another, when I arrived there was already three people there. Luckily I recognized them from chasing winter chrome. So I squeezed in the spot and fished.

About a half hour in I get a taker, Bam fish on, Massive head shakes then nothing. Must have been some crazy rocks down there cause he got me caught up on one real quick...

Now my friends show and they want to go further down so we did.We get there and I like what I see. A long,deep,narrow stretch. Perfect bobber water. Not even 10 min there my bobber starts dancing then goes down violently. Fish on beautiful silver probably 15 pounds comes flying out the water, Takes a screaming run then pops OFF:doh:

Just so you know my mentor and his buddy are older gentlemen, and they have a hard time staying in one place for long. So now we venture back up river. Next up is my mentor he lays in to a pretty small dark silver, Witch he ended up letting go.

On to the last and final spot.I should mention that all fish were hooked on my home cured eggs. So I know my mentor's friend is hurting for a fish pretty bad so I offered up some of my eggs, Witch he gladly accepted.

Not even 5 casts with those eggs and hes hooked up. Fish comes up starts thrashing BIG BRIGHT Chinook. Right as we get a good look at it, she comes up and says F-U and spits his hook back at him:lol:

So he re baits "with my eggs" steps back up first cast and he's hooked up again.He figured out where they were laying.This was a very long drawn out fight, fish wrapped around rocks several times, at one point he was chasing the fish and slipped OFF a ledge and fell in up to his neck.

Finally bank this fish, finally some blood..Now its my turn, step up to the "special" rock. Couple min later BAM fish hammers it set the hook, fish on comes up starts head shaking/thrashing on
top. Flips me the bird then spit my hook back at me:shock:.

This was a reoccurring thing all day I don't get it. I understand if you snag them they come OFF easy. But we use bait and can clearly feel the fish take it.Any way Same thing happened to me 2 more times. O and my mentor got a jack Chinook Witch he did not want his picture taken with...

End of day count two Chinook taken home. One coho released. And 6 fish lost Guess it could of been worse...

DSC00268.JPGDSC00269.JPG

M
markasd
Sounds like fun.... good report.

S
Spydeyrch
Nice report and good story. Him falling in the water up to his neck and still landing the fish reminds me a little bit of A River Runs Through It. Nice fish too!! :clap:

-Spydey

R
RunWithSasquatch
Very cool... nice day guys!

A
alseaalumaweld
tag and bag um!

N
nwkiller
awesome story, still a great day nice feesh

L
lilsalmon