Civilian drones

C
cddunn
I was looking at a news article about GoPro selling civilian drones (late next year). I wonder how long until we see ones out scoping the water/s for holding fish? Ha.

C_Run
C_Run
I believe I read they won't be legal for hunting.

jamisonace
jamisonace
My friend has one. I downloaded the app so I can run it with my phone. Definitely going to some overhead shots of my boat on the water this summer. The built in camera transmits the video image to the phone that controls it. Pretty sweet.

R
_RJ_
Civilian drones

They are neat. I watched a guy use one and the video feed is decent. Even though Oregon has outlawed them for any hunting use already. They still have a long way to go to be of any significant advantage. Short battery life, limited range, and camera abilities, still make it more of a novelty. I haven't seen one above the river to know what advantage you could get. I'm sure in shallower waters you could gain an advantage.

At my place, which is 60 acres of timber, I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Which by the way was the tops of trees. And if you're not on higher ground it's possible you won't even make it above the trees.

When I was in the Marines, the RQ-11 Raven was first being introduced. These civilian toys don't even come close. Not yet at least...

B
bubs
Interesting stuff...can you imagine if they had fish & wildlife drones...you're fishing out there one day and suddenly this thing buzzes up to you and asks to see your tags!

Probably wouldn't survive too long (the drone I mean).