Catching trout in the Siletz

N
nxx10
im going camping on the siletz and im fishing whenever I can and I want to give trout a try what is the best way to catch them?

troutdude
You may stumble onto, some early returning SRC's in the lower stretches. Try a Borden Special fly subsurface; or a hot pink Rooster Tail.

SiletzTroutKiller
I second Troutdude. Also try a black with yellow spotted Panther martin lure. The cutthroat love them!

N
nxx10
I second Troutdude. Also try a black with yellow spotted Panther martin lure. The cutthroat love them!
thanks guys any thing about catching salmon from the docks im up river from cyote rock and I was also curious if there are crawfish in the siletz

SiletzTroutKiller
Theres a ton of crawdads in the Siletz. Just go wading in shallow water and you can pick them up

H
halibuthitman
catch a crawdad peel its tail and bait it like a prawn on an egg hook..... crawdad tail is better than roe in my opinion.. steelhead and big src's slam the **** out it-

SiletzTroutKiller
I also agree with halibut on this one. Trout love crawdad tails and it doesn't hurt to put some orange yarn on the hook as well. It acts as an attractant

N
nxx10
I also agree with halibut on this one. Trout love crawdad tails and it doesn't hurt to put some orange yarn on the hook as well. It acts as an attractant
orange spinners would that help?

SiletzTroutKiller
I've caught a few on Orange spinners but black/yellow and pink ones work best

T
Thoreau
I would fish fly's on the upper Siletz, but spinners work well too. Fly fishing around Moonshine Park is the best.

N
nxx10
I would fish fly's on the upper Siletz, but spinners work well too. Fly fishing around Moonshine Park is the best.
im gonna be not too far upstream of cyote rock