Carp fishing reports

Spoonplugger1

They are originally from Britain and Eurasia, it's called course fishing there. Used to get some out of the Great Lakes to 60 pounds. They were brought to the east coast as a food fish the first time they over fished the country over there, and they spread out, think the Erie Canal brought carp to the Great Lakes.

Ishultz

Oregon carp angler, there is a 30ish to 50ish hole below fern ridge ridge dam with I estimate around a thousand carp in at a time. Not hard to get them to bite using corn or bread sometimes I'll get around 10 an hour. A spillway below Monroe holds a good amount of carp as well but I find they are more picky.

Attachments

Oops just realized that is the wrong image 😂
I know all about that place, In this comment I was looking for a spot near Eugene to fish the Willamette as I’ve been rather unsuccessful on the Willamette here. I’m trying to chase a little bit bigger and more wild carp than the fern ridge/long Tom ones. Thank you though!

Ishultz

I know all about that place, In this comment I was looking for a spot near Eugene to fish the Willamette as I’ve been rather unsuccessful on the Willamette here. I’m trying to chase a little bit bigger and more wild carp than the fern ridge/long Tom ones. Thank you though!
Oh gotcha, I am unaware of any good spots on the willy near Eugene. I'm sure they would look a little healthier than the zombie like fish coming out of the long tom. I caught one the other day without a gill plate 🤮