Carp action in the Eugene area?

G
Grifter
Hello, All,

First time poster here..

I'm a transplant to the area (moved from Eastern Idaho); I've been living in Eugene for about a year, and I am curious about decent carp fishing (redneck bonefishing) in Eugene's environs. The south end of Fern Ridge reservoir looks ideal for carp--just eyeballing it suggests a prime habitat--but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to explore, and my days fishing have been spent on the 'Slaw or the McKenzie chasing trout or steelhead.

Anyhow--I'm not asking for specific spots or holes, but just bodies of water generally. Any in the area I should definitely be aware of?

Cheers--looking forward to participation in the forum,

Grift

T
Throbbit _Shane
Lots of ponds in the area have them. I'm sure some one who's lived around here longer will chime in with good info. Iv been up here for half a year and only caught them at a friends pond. Fun fish to catch on light gear.

jamisonace
A good friend bow fishes them in amazon creek quite a bit during the summer. Not sure where.

G
Grifter
A good friend bow fishes them in amazon creek quite a bit during the summer. Not sure where.

I've considered that, though I would guess it might be more productive a little further out of town. All I've seen in the Amazon so far are nutria, Wal-Mart bags, and hypodermic needles. In all seriousness though, this is good to know. Thanks..

B
bran_man
I know dtikey has a place, but I think its one of his more private places, so not sure if he will divulge that info ha ha.

J
john montana
Everything I have read is that Fern Ridge is the place for shallows and sight fishing. That said, I have never been down there to check it out. Good luck.

T
TTFishon
PM sent. I just gave up 5 locations for you. Should keep you busy for a while.

D
dtikey
I would have to say pretty much any pond or slower water around the valley.From fern ridge to long tom and all the little slews and ponds.Delta ponds hold a lot of big carp.

Reactions: Grifter
Y
Yogidabear
Wildish ponds, seavy loop road near epud head quarters, in the summer time watch out for the nudist or just watch them what ever you prefer

T
TTFishon
Wildish ponds, seavy loop road near epud head quarters, in the summer time watch out for the nudist or just watch them what ever you prefer

Hahaha, that's funny. That's on my list with the same warning. lol

G
Grifter
G
Grifter

Thanks for this. And I may or may not watch--that all depends on the body of the person who chooses to go in the buff.

P
plumb2fish
I've never been inclined to fish this area, not my type of sausage......