Bond Butte 2021

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Hit the water about 5pm today and fished until dark, blue bird sky and wind out of the north at a constant 6-7mph

Water is crystal clear and the weeds/algae are unbelievable right now, definitely the worst I've seen in the area.

Never saw any bass cruising, ended up catching 2 while pitching a senko in overhanging brush

Bigger of the two went just under 4lbs
b80025ab03363d6f90d6961ec5c59a2f.jpg
40e9398b077b649ae08306911fec5c40.jpg
878f7444e02226ef7eaacf8347506507.jpg
a93c6675d6623d114fc4e35bc55fbece.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Thanks for the report! That one was a piggy. Did you get a water temp?
Unfortunately I did not, "too cold to swim in"

I don't want a full sonar rig, might get a cheap aquarium thermometer though

bass

bass

Most Featured
Unfortunately I did not, "too cold to swim in"

I don't want a full sonar rig, might get a cheap aquarium thermometer though

I used to carry an aquarium thermometer before I got a FF with a temp sensor. The funny thing is that at some point the glass tube slipped a bit (slid on the metal back that had the temp grid) and I got some readings that were off for a week or two before I realized what was going on. I thought fish should have been spawning but the water temp was still in the 50s. Bad data is worse than no data :)

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
I used to carry an aquarium thermometer before I got a FF with a temp sensor. The funny thing is that at some point the glass tube slipped a bit (slid on the metal back that had the temp grid) and I got some readings that were off for a week or two before I realized what was going on. I thought fish should have been spawning but the water temp was still in the 50s. Bad data is worse than no data :)
I might actually have a digital one laying around somewhere.

In most cases the water temp doesn't change much in what I'm throwing, fish gotta eat no matter the temperature!

NKlamerus

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Only reason I care about temp is for the spawn. That is the only time I think temp is really important.
Agreed

I think I've relied on sight more than anything else this year, weather has just been temperamental!

bass

bass

Most Featured
This has definitely been a weird year. The Willamette went from a good bit colder than usual to warmer than usual in really short order. Maybe we should fish wacky rigged worms to match the wacky conditions.

Top Bottom