Bobber fishing the northfork

B
bythesea
Never floated a bobber for nooks before so look'en for some help.wanted to know the rigging and set-up.(sizes) I got some roe I made-up ..first time..it's in the freezer can't wait to see if it set-up or if it's worth a crap period.my boat wont go up that fork so thinking of toss'en some roe off benders landing.any help is good help,thanks....FISH-ON????

Last edited:
E
eugene1
I have never fished the north fork, but this tutorial has gotten me setup this year.

I hope to get into one with the bobber set up soon.

Good luck,

B
bythesea
that's a pretty interesting article I'll have to sit down and read it all and see if i can figure it all out.easy maybe for some one who drifts a lot.but I will get it down.

S
SALTYFISH
That was a very informative post

E
eugene1
bythesea said:
that's a pretty interesting article I'll have to sit down and read it all and see if i can figure it all out.easy maybe for some one who drifts a lot.but I will get it down.

I've never done it before this season, so take it for what it's worth. Fished with a couple of dudes on the Trask who do pretty much what this guy says, so I think the advice is legit, and they catch fish. We'll be out tomorrow trying it and some trolling methods out!

Best,

E
eugene1
SALTYFISH said:
That was a very informative post

I actually googled "bobber and eggs tillamook" and this was the first link. I also thought it was a great write-up for getting started with it.

thanks,

B
Boombollie
Went last evening right upstream from Brickerville, tried bobber and roe....felt a few nibbles, but the fish seemed to be rolling on the surface more than anything. Should I just throw unweighted spinners and spoons at 'em when they're rolling like that?

B
bythesea
I wonder if those are just silvers out roll'en around. I seen probably 8 silvers caught and released on the slaw today.one nook but nothing in my boat..

B
Boombollie
Shoot, as much as I'd like a nook, I'd go for anything at this point. What are the silvers hitting? lol

B
bythesea
Boombollie said:
Shoot, as much as I'd like a nook, I'd go for anything at this point. What are the silvers hitting? lol

I caught all my silvers on a lot of different colored spinners pink allways seems to well and wobblers out on siltcoos.

C
crusty old fisherman
coho is closed on the siuslaw and has been since oct 9 also the north fork has just a tiny remanant run of nooks seems a shame to kill any of them since their numbers are so low

Reactions: beaverfan
R
rippin fish lips
crusty old fisherman said:
coho is closed on the siuslaw and has been since oct 9 also the north fork has just a tiny remanant run of nooks seems a shame to kill any of them since their numbers are so low

Word!