Biggest Smallmouth.

T

Troutier Bassier

I want to start a Thread on the Biggest smallmouth people ever caught and how, Because i think i catch big smallmouth and maybe other people catch bigger ones and make mine look little:mad::mad:. Anyways My Biggeste smallie was 16 Inches and i caught it at colombia on a Kastmaster.
:clap:Thanks

J

Johnny Southpaw

A 16 inch smallie is something to be VERY proud of!! Biggest smallie I ever caught was about 18 inches on a small creek in Ohio. Caught it on a Rebel Pop-R. What a thrill it was to see that bronzeback nail that topwater!!! And ohhhh what a fight! Pound for pound a smallie is a much better fighter than their big-mouthed cousins. Keep on fishin' Mr. Bassier!!!

W

Webwader

My biggest smallie is 19 5/8", weighing 4 lb 8 oz, caught in the Columbia off McGuire Island in '04. She would have been heavier but she was missing one eye. :lol: I'm still trying to break the 20" barrier.

UPDATE" 4/30/09
New PB - 23 1/2", 15" girth, 6 lb 10 oz caught on the John Day River fishing a white spinnerbait.

Last edited:
T

TTFishon

My biggest is only 15 inches. I caught it using a small rubber worm in the Umpqua R. I plan on doing a lot more smallmouth fishing this summer. A guy I work with informed me of a spot near Albany that is full of them.

T

TTFishon

Oh really..... I volunteer to check it out for you;)

Nope. Can't give it up until I give it a try. I guess most of it's on private property and the biggest fish are about 15 inches. I'll let you know in a PM. but I'm not posting for all to see.

B

bassin16

i have caught 3 smallies that were 23" and 1 that was 25" out of the calapooia river in albany unfortinantly they were only 3-5 lbs

F

Finneus Polebender

largest smallie

largest smallie

Ive only ever caught one it was 14 in. but like other dude said thought i had a 3 or 4 lb lm on . Caught him below fern ridge dam on a worm bottom fishin we call that place the wonder hole cause you always wonder what kinda fish youll catch next think ive caught 7 different species of fish there.

C

cavdad45

Ain't my biggest, just the biggest one I have digitally.

Mouth of the Tualatin River.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gottafish

My largest was 16", caught on a piece of nightcrawler while fishing for trout at Hagg Lake.

T

Troutier Bassier

I heard Hagg porduced the record smallie in oregon. How did they catch it. I want to go there and catch a biggone!

G

gottafish

Yes, the record smallmouth was caught at Hagg: 8 lb, 1.76 oz. It was caught in 2005. Not sure what it was caught on.

Top Bottom