Big Creek reservoir fishing

T
tnffishman
Has anyone fished this small lake recently, I will be headed to Newport next week and am hoping to have some fresh trout, thanks:cool:

T
trollin4trout
T
tnffishman
went up to big creek res. on wednesday night and herd that the morning bite was killer. we ended up landin 6 after missing about 20 strikes and losing a couple. went up the next morning and it was pretty slow. no one was doing very good and the bite was obviously off. ended up with a couple more

P
Phillip Neidhart
Mistery Fishing hole

Mistery Fishing hole

Big Creek is the place that practically no one knows about, except the locals and thats exactly the way they like it. If you do not know where to turn off the highway, you will drive right past it. There is not one pond, but three. The bottom one has a damm and has native trout and sea run cuts in the summer. the middle one is stocked with trout and the upper one or number three is for bass and panfishing. No motors allowed, but I have seen people rowing rubber rafts and canoes and trolling with good results. Most people bank fish, and do well. If you go to Mapquest and search Brg Creek Reservoir,
Newport, Oregon, you can figure out how to find it. Look in the Northwest Zone of the regulations to see the rules. Good luck, and treat this place with
maximum respect.
Phillip Neidhart

T
tnffishman
well there are no special regulations for this body of water. and when i was up there i saw that the first two lakes are connected by a system of tunnels and ladders, this allows the fish to swim throughout. also a LOCAL told me she caught a bass in the second lake, and I have never heard of the third lake, but motors(electric ONLY) ARE allowed on the lake for trolling or whateva;)