Bethany Pond

D
dvo
Hello,

I was looking at the trout stocking schedule and noticed that this week Bethany Pond would be stocked with some trout. I was wondering if anyone had an extra time to post some hints and tips on rigs and/or what spots should be focused on. I have been there a couple times but haven't had too much success.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- DVo

bass
bass
Almost all ponds fish about the same around here. A good choice is a sliding sinker and power egg or glob of floating powerbait. Troutdude has a nice write up about this setup on this site. I also do well with spinners (I like joe's flies under a casting bobber), tiny kastmasters, flies (either fly rod or under a bobber on a spinning rod), tiny jigs (1/100 to 1/64) under a bobber, bait under a bobber. I have a two rod license and so I usually fish one rod with bait and the other with a spinner.

As for location. I park at the lot on 185th and fish anywhere along the side with the path that there is an opening. Also, if you are near Bethany you are not too far from Commonwealth. Commonwealth has easier bank access, is about 1/2 the size and gets twice the number of fish :) I do like to take the kids to both places, but we do fish Commonwealth a bit more than Bethany. Also, if you hit one and they are not biting try the other. Best of luck.

D
dvo
Thanks for your tips, bass. Are either of these pond float tube friendly?

bass
bass
I am pretty sure you would not want to take a float tube to commonwealth lake. You can cast most of the way across it. I am not sure what the rules are for Bethany. I have seen folks in canoes, but I think that there is a sign saying no wading or swimming. Not sure how a float tube would be interpreted.

H
hvacr1
if your looking to use the float tube go to dormans pond. All three have been confirmed stocked as of 5 pm 3/13/12 (today)

H
hanapaa808
Called a couple days ago and commonwealth was stalked with 200 1lb trout the ending of last week....called yesterday and I'm pretty sure commonwealth was stalked with over 2K legals yesterday.
if i were closer id hit it!