and if you don't have either of those:

Sandshrimp

;)

B
BigMobyTackle
I like raw prawn meat about a dime in size

F
First Bite
I like raw prawns too. They're inexpensive and last longer then sand shrimp. Good ole periwinkles work good too. :cool:

E
eggs
small chrome corkie , 1/2 inch of black yarn, 1/2 inch of dark red yarn and a soaking of scent!

M
Mike123
Worms. Pink ones or live ones. ;) If I lived near the coast and could pump my own shrimp I'd say sandshrimp.

Oh haha... I posted before I read the article. That rig with the puff ball on the end is KILLER on late summers... once the water gets low and the air temps are up worms kill some fish. Only problem is keeping cutthroat off your hook... :/

troutdude
troutdude
Mike123 said:
Worms. Pink ones or live ones. ;) If I lived near the coast and could pump my own shrimp I'd say sandshrimp.

Oh haha... I posted before I read the article. That rig with the puff ball on the end is KILLER on late summers... once the water gets low and the air temps are up worms kill some fish. Only problem is keeping cutthroat off your hook... :/

Why would I want to keep cutt's "off" of my hook (if, at least, they are keepers)??? [just a rhetorical question]

I'm gonna have to try that rig specifically for some big fat cutts that I know about. :)

P.S. Thanks for pointing out, that dude who wrote the article is using a puffball and not a corkie! I hadn't noticed that when I first read it.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
eggs said:
small chrome corkie , 1/2 inch of black yarn, 1/2 inch of dark red yarn and a soaking of scent!

Wow. That is a great idea. About 25 cents worth of corkie, yarn and scent!