Bent rods & possie buggers

brandon4455
brandon4455
yesterday me and berg03 fished my favorite little stream outside town looking for some nice cutts but mainly only managed a lot of smaller ones because the water is so darn low. Caddis and stimulators were the ticket for dries,and a size 12 rubebr leg prince with a size 16 possie bugger seemed to be the ticket for nymphs. I made a choice to tie on that nymph setup at a nice little fast run with a good transition after having zero success in it using dries. After missing 6 bites i tried a different spot upriver about 15 ft. while re rigging, i heard berg03 shout somthing. as i looked upriver he was hooked up with a nice cutter splashing on the surface. as i walked close i saw the fish had sadly popped off his line after a short battle. after discussing the fight with the fish i moved back to the previous spot and on the second cast right at the transition my strike indicator went down hard. i set the hook and saw a flash, my heart started pumping as i knew the fight was on. my rod bent and my drag peeled out as the bright silver cutthroat tried his hadest to escape. but i had a net this time,so after about a minute and a half of fighting he tired enough to be netted,took a pic and released. it was a decent day but the fishing will be slow until the water gets higher hoping for some rain soon!

brandon

• possie bugger cutter.jpg
Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
way to go brandon,,still gettin em in low water,,excellent

S
Sinkline
Brandon, that's one of the prettiest fish you have ever shown! Great account of the day, felt like I was right there with ya!

Randy

C
Coastaldweller
Boobies!!!!
On your arm :)
Nice fish by the way.

Reactions: brandon4455
S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done there brandon. I wish I could have been there man. Work has been crazy and family life is non-stop!! hahahaha :lol:

But again, nicely done and great story telling there.

How did berg03 do?

-Spydey

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
Coastaldweller said:
Boobies!!!!
On your arm :)
Nice fish by the way.

yeah i have not taken the bracelet off since i got it, gotta love the boobs. :lol: thanks everyone, it was a good catch for the lower water conditions, and a beauty for sure

brandon4455
brandon4455
Spydeyrch said:
Nicely done there brandon. I wish I could have been there man. Work has been crazy and family life is non-stop!! hahahaha :lol:

But again, nicely done and great story telling there.

How did berg03 do?

-Spydey

he caught plenty of fish, probably more then me because i tested some new nymphs, and didn't dry fly it as much.

B
Berg03
Ya if only I would have landed that other cut, but at least nobody fell in the water this time :)

L
lilsalmon
how come I missed this thread? Good job boys.....and no rain until after tomorrow.

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah forgot to add that, nobody fell this time hahaha. thanks rose. it was good to grab a decent sized fish again. it's been a while

R
rippin fish lips
Yo, Brandon! That is one hella of a cuttie for a little creek. I don't know how i have been missing your posts. Looks like a need to catch up bro. I made a little report about my outing in the mckenzie river section. You should check it out :p

BTW bro, keep it up. Rainy days are here and it will bring out the big boys. If you can somehow stand above a big rapid and have room to cast down stream into a deeper pool behind it, you can then strip line up to the rapid from below and pick up the big boys in low clear water.

Do you got a spinning set up? If so, throw a #0-2 spinner, or a 1/2 thomas into the real tiny deep slots that may have a bunch of rocks/boulders in between them, allowing you to work your lure through the boulders with your rod held up like head heigth. its verry affective broo. stock up on lures to.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
rippin fish lips said:
Yo, Brandon! That is one hella of a cuttie for a little creek. I don't know how i have been missing your posts. Looks like a need to catch up bro. I made a little report about my outing in the mckenzie river section. You should check it out :p

BTW bro, keep it up. Rainy days are here and it will bring out the big boys. If you can somehow stand above a big rapid and have room to cast down stream into a deeper pool behind it, you can then strip line up to the rapid from below and pick up the big boys in low clear water.

Do you got a spinning set up? If so, throw a #0-2 spinner, or a 1/2 thomas into the real tiny deep slots that may have a bunch of rocks/boulders in between them, allowing you to work your lure through the boulders with your rod held up like head heigth. its verry affective broo. stock up on lures to.

unfortunately i d not own a single spinning rod anymore, but yes, this colder weather and higher water is bringing the big boys out and i look forward to mroe showing up. fishign should be excellent in a week or so. ill be landing fish way bigger then this one for sure. that 19 1/2 incher showed me that there are big fish there as i thought just gotta work for them