Bass fishing @ Eel Lake?

PK Yi

Has anyone fished Eel lake for bass before? I've tried sutton, woahink, siltcoos, and munsel for bass and looking for a new lake in Florence to try my luck.

C_Run

sammy;n601044 said:
Has anyone fished Eel lake for bass before? I've tried sutton, woahink, siltcoos, and munsel for bass and looking for a new lake in Florence to try my luck.
I haven't fished it but a solid investment would be Pete Heley's "Reedsport Area Fishing Maps". Page 9, Eel Lake, he recommends fishing the deeper water with crayfish pattern lures. http://peteheley.com/ Or go to the Stockade in Winchester Bay where a lot of his pamphlets are sold.

TimberTodd

I have fished it a couple of times. There are some nice bass in there. I concentrated on the two coves immediately to the left and right of the ramp. I watched a guy get into them off of the point on the left. There is a trail that goes around some of the lake.

TimberTodd

Sammy just a few miles south of Eel is Butterfield that also has largemouth in it. Its not a big lake and the campground is a hotspot for 3 and 4 wheelers hitting the dunes. ODFW also stocks it with trout. Don't forget Tenmile which is a mile from Eel.