Bass boat creations!!

K
Kevinb5688
im bored so i thought this would be an intresting thread sine us bass fisherman are so creative. i bought a 14 foot aluminum boat with an 8 hp honda on it a month ago. it was a rusty mess with nothing special about it. i scrubbed it, painted it, tore out the seats, made casting decks, installed a 55lb thrust minn kota bow mount with battery storage and resetable fuse infront of the boat. now its a bass fishing machine!
if you guys have any good boat transformations or money saving tips on build it yourself boat improvements post em here! Kevins 050

C
Combat Chuck
Storage/casting deck that will soon have a stereo in it :D
5523007 n
6570622 n
6932116 n
5809067 n
738088 n

C
Combat Chuck
Id like to find a way to install a rod locker. But that involves lots more tweaking that Im not ready for.

K
Kevinb5688
Pvc pipes work good, did it on my other boat. After this summer im going to carpet everything and add more stuff. This was a quick throw together to get on the water. Your boat looks great good job!

C
colbypearson
im thinking about making a summer project to fix up my boat its not a pond hopping jon boat but a 14' deep v fiberglass, it would be cool to do that with though

K
Kevinb5688
colbypearson said:
im thinking about making a summer project to fix up my boat its not a pond hopping jon boat but a 14' deep v fiberglass, it would be cool to do that with though

My boat is also a deep v. But aluminum. I wanted a flat jon boat but i got a screamin deal on this one. Ive taken it out twice and so far im very happy with it. Almost as good as my actual bass boat;)

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
My boat is also a deep v. But aluminum. I wanted a flat jon boat but i got a screamin deal on this one. Ive taken it out twice and so far im very happy with it. Almost as good as my actual bass boat;)

ya if i do mine i will go all out but its hard since i already have a small bass boat that serves almost the same purpose, i was actually thinking of selling my fiberglass boat and just fixing up the aluminum boat we have in my grandmas pond witch would be cool also!, we will see i need to find the title for my fiberglass boat before i do anything and im sure once i sell it i will blow the cash on 3 new curados haha

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice job on the boat hear ya on the budget boat building .

T
tomriker
when are you going to come pick up your boat FP!?

Gunga
Gunga
colbypearson said:
ya if i do mine i will go all out but its hard since i already have a small bass boat that serves almost the same purpose, i was actually thinking of selling my fiberglass boat and just fixing up the aluminum boat we have in my grandmas pond witch would be cool also!, we will see i need to find the title for my fiberglass boat before i do anything and im sure once i sell it i will blow the cash on 3 new curados haha

If you were to sell your fiberglass how much would you sell it for.

C
colbypearson
youngfishtyler said:
If you were to sell your fiberglass how much would you sell it for.

I was gonna sell it for 600$ but if somebody from O.F.F wanted it I would go to 500$ flat!

It's really a good boat its clean and has pretty new carpet, I can post pics in a week or so if your interested.... It had a small outboard motor but it was old and I am no longer sure if it works great or if the interested buyer would even want it haha!, Its a spacious boat to fish out of.

Gunga
Gunga
My uncle mark was wanting to get one with his tax returns. hes a member on here his username is Gungasuncle if you want to shoot him a PM about it. We were both wanting to get one exactly what your describing. How far from hillsboro are you?

C
Combat Chuck
Got the stereo in :D

Fishin' boat and party barge :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Oh snap! Andy's got competition! Lol. I need to do some work on my drift boat this summer now to keep up.

brandon4455
brandon4455
youngfishtyler said:
My uncle mark was wanting to get one with his tax returns. hes a member on here his username is Gungasuncle if you want to shoot him a PM about it. We were both wanting to get one exactly what your describing. How far from hillsboro are you?

he is wayy south near the california border.

G
GungasUncle
ya I'm looking for something closer to home, with a working engine :) Tyler is anxious to boat it again...

K
Kevinb5688
i got my 14 foot aluminum boat with 16 foot trailer and a perfect like new honda 8 hp for 800$. the guy who owned it bought it new in 1988. in 1997 he fell off a ladder and hit his head. he suffered brain damage and is paralized on half his body. he almost cried when he sold the boat to me. he had a lot of memories in it but can't do it anymore. i stop by with the boat and show him pictures of fish. he lives a few miles from me and its on the way home from most places i fish

Top Bottom