Bass boat creations!!

K
Kevinb5688
im bored so i thought this would be an intresting thread sine us bass fisherman are so creative. i bought a 14 foot aluminum boat with an 8 hp honda on it a month ago. it was a rusty mess with nothing special about it. i scrubbed it, painted it, tore out the seats, made casting decks, installed a 55lb thrust minn kota bow mount with battery storage and resetable fuse infront of the boat. now its a bass fishing machine!
if you guys have any good boat transformations or money saving tips on build it yourself boat improvements post em here! kevins 050.jpg

C
Combat Chuck
Storage/casting deck that will soon have a stereo in it :D
5523007_n.jpg
6570622_n.jpg
6932116_n.jpg
5809067_n.jpg
738088_n.jpg

C
Combat Chuck
Id like to find a way to install a rod locker. But that involves lots more tweaking that Im not ready for.

K
Kevinb5688
Pvc pipes work good, did it on my other boat. After this summer im going to carpet everything and add more stuff. This was a quick throw together to get on the water. Your boat looks great good job!

C
colbypearson
im thinking about making a summer project to fix up my boat its not a pond hopping jon boat but a 14' deep v fiberglass, it would be cool to do that with though

K
Kevinb5688
colbypearson said:
im thinking about making a summer project to fix up my boat its not a pond hopping jon boat but a 14' deep v fiberglass, it would be cool to do that with though

My boat is also a deep v. But aluminum. I wanted a flat jon boat but i got a screamin deal on this one. Ive taken it out twice and so far im very happy with it. Almost as good as my actual bass boat;)

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
My boat is also a deep v. But aluminum. I wanted a flat jon boat but i got a screamin deal on this one. Ive taken it out twice and so far im very happy with it. Almost as good as my actual bass boat;)

ya if i do mine i will go all out but its hard since i already have a small bass boat that serves almost the same purpose, i was actually thinking of selling my fiberglass boat and just fixing up the aluminum boat we have in my grandmas pond witch would be cool also!, we will see i need to find the title for my fiberglass boat before i do anything and im sure once i sell it i will blow the cash on 3 new curados haha

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice job on the boat hear ya on the budget boat building .

T
tomriker
when are you going to come pick up your boat FP!?

Gunga
Gunga
colbypearson said:
ya if i do mine i will go all out but its hard since i already have a small bass boat that serves almost the same purpose, i was actually thinking of selling my fiberglass boat and just fixing up the aluminum boat we have in my grandmas pond witch would be cool also!, we will see i need to find the title for my fiberglass boat before i do anything and im sure once i sell it i will blow the cash on 3 new curados haha

If you were to sell your fiberglass how much would you sell it for.

C
colbypearson
youngfishtyler said:
If you were to sell your fiberglass how much would you sell it for.

I was gonna sell it for 600$ but if somebody from O.F.F wanted it I would go to 500$ flat!

It's really a good boat its clean and has pretty new carpet, I can post pics in a week or so if your interested.... It had a small outboard motor but it was old and I am no longer sure if it works great or if the interested buyer would even want it haha!, Its a spacious boat to fish out of.

Gunga
Gunga
My uncle mark was wanting to get one with his tax returns. hes a member on here his username is Gungasuncle if you want to shoot him a PM about it. We were both wanting to get one exactly what your describing. How far from hillsboro are you?

C
Combat Chuck
Got the stereo in :D
0428112157.jpg
0428112156.jpg

Fishin' boat and party barge :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Oh snap! Andy's got competition! Lol. I need to do some work on my drift boat this summer now to keep up.

brandon4455
brandon4455
youngfishtyler said:
My uncle mark was wanting to get one with his tax returns. hes a member on here his username is Gungasuncle if you want to shoot him a PM about it. We were both wanting to get one exactly what your describing. How far from hillsboro are you?

he is wayy south near the california border.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
ya I'm looking for something closer to home, with a working engine :) Tyler is anxious to boat it again...

K
Kevinb5688
i got my 14 foot aluminum boat with 16 foot trailer and a perfect like new honda 8 hp for 800$. the guy who owned it bought it new in 1988. in 1997 he fell off a ladder and hit his head. he suffered brain damage and is paralized on half his body. he almost cried when he sold the boat to me. he had a lot of memories in it but can't do it anymore. i stop by with the boat and show him pictures of fish. he lives a few miles from me and its on the way home from most places i fish

Top Bottom