Bass baits

S
salmon assassin
hey guys its me again and my qusetions now are what kind,what lenth,what color baits I should use for small or large moth bass. please lable what kind and stuff under small or large please thanks.all the good baits that work

and while im posting this threat were in oregon is a really good place to bass fish and where in the body.

C
colbypearson
salmon assassin said:
hey guys its me again and my qusetions now are what kind,what lenth,what color baits I should use for small or large moth bass. please lable what kind and stuff under small or large please thanks.all the good baits that work

and while im posting this threat were in oregon is a really good place to bass fish and where in the body.

you can catch bass on all sorts of baits from 1" crappie jigs to 10"-12" half pound swimbaits

for around oregon the best baits are likely senkos 4" & 5" for largemouth and smallmouth, tubes 3.5" is standard, crankbaits typically small 2"-3.5". For starts get those baits and go experiment your local bass waters, it normally turns on around may.

S
salmon assassin
yeah i have "5 sankos watermelon cream andgreen pumpkin black flk and i have zoom 6" green pumpkin and i dont know if these would work but i have bright orange curl tail grubs
and do you wacky rig or texas rig or what do you do?

C
colbypearson
salmon assassin said:
yeah i have "5 sankos watermelon cream andgreen pumpkin black flk and i have zoom 6" green pumpkin and i dont know if these would work but i have bright orange curl tail grubs
and do you wacky rig or texas rig or what do you do?

wacky rig in open water and texas rig around cover or big fish strictly because a texas rig can be more effectively fished on beefed up tackle.

S
salmon assassin
what one do you use?

C
colbypearson
salmon assassin said:
what one do you use?

I dont fish either that much but when i do that is just my rule of thumb for the most part.

S
salmon assassin
what do use then?

F
Finneus Polebender
Great advise from the best there, especially for maximum potential . Pretty tough to beat a senko watermelon red seems to be my go to , learned quick from CP though that a change of color at the right times can make all the difference , gonna be getting more of my favorite soft baits in a variety of colors now.

B
bassboy
Why does it matter exactly what he uses? The techniques he uses are probably a little advanced for a beginner basser anyway. Watch some videos, go fishing and decide what your favorite baits and lures are. You will be much better off for it. Also focus on one technique and learn it well and how to use it in different situations. Like Colby said senkos are going to be your best bet.

Last edited:
S
salmon assassin
alright thanks guys for all the help and that bait is pretty cool

C
catfishman89
You really can't go wrong with senkos. Texas rigged with a gamakstu 2/0 hook on a 4 inch senko is deadly for largemouth. I prefer 3 inch drop shotted for smallmouth but texas rigging is easier to fish. Green watermelon and red and orangish colors are the best for me. Tubes are easy to get a hang of too. black , blue, and purple tubes are my favorite colors for tubes.

H
Hendo30
I agree with all the tips everyone has listed. I personally ahve learned a lot from reading on this forum and jumping into threads where Bass knowledge is being shared. I had a large part of my sucess this year on Tubes, Senkos, Robo worms, Flukes and Sweet Beavers. I prefer a lot of the plastics and mainly fished them Texas and Carolina rigged as well as worm hooks weightless or wacky rigged. I am no professional, just thought I would share what has worked for me and encourare you to search the threads for Bass fishing and you will will find a large amount of help.

• imagesCA8LUP1I.jpg
  • imagesCAIC8VO3.jpg
  • imagesCAR9EXVL.jpg
  • imagesCA20L6L5.jpg
B
Berg03
I want that hat Colby! lol.