Bank fishing guides

N
neverbackdown7
Does anyone know of someone who does this or if it's possible? Thanks!

B
Backtrolling
I know there is a couple on the Deschutes. But fishing from a floating vessel is prohibited their. They mainly float from spot to spot. The best you could closer to Portland is Ed Fast. He is the Sandy Master and is one of the mst knowledgeable Guys on the river. He floats in a toon.

A
alm21
What zone do you want to fish? There's Damon, I've gone out with him and I believe some other people on this forum have too. He used to be pretty active on this forum but I don't see him check in too often lately. Here's his site http://groundnpoundsteelheader.webstarts.com/index.html

N
neverbackdown7
Nice thanks for the ideas! I'm inbthe Eugene area though. I've heard a lot of good about ed fast.

P
plumb2fish
Not exactly a guided trip in the legal definition, but I know a few 10%er's that are not afraid to share what they know with someone for FREE.....look on the Mckenzie river thread and see who is consistantly catching fish, send a PM....you could be pleasantly surprised...

N
neverbackdown7
plumb2fish said:
Not exactly a guided trip in the legal definition, but I know a few 10%er's that are not afraid to share what they know with someone for FREE.....look on the Mckenzie river thread and see who is consistantly catching fish, send a PM....you could be pleasantly surprised...

Thanks! yea dtikey has helped me tons, I'd still like to fish with you guys someday!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Also, be careful if you are paying someone to guide you either on the bank or in a boat that they have their guides license! I see a lot of people fishing with guides who have no guide stickers on their boat. Good luck!

J
JeannaJigs
steelhead_stalkers said:
Also, be careful if you are paying someone to guide you either on the bank or in a boat that they have their guides license! I see a lot of people fishing with guides who have no guide stickers on their boat. Good luck!

Seen quite a bit of that on the mckenzie this year.

P
plumb2fish
steelhead_stalkers said:
Also, be careful if you are paying someone to guide you either on the bank or in a boat that they have their guides license! I see a lot of people fishing with guides who have no guide stickers on their boat. Good luck![/QUOTE

Don't you mean you fished with one last year on the McKenzie that was telling everyone he had his credentials and was waiting for stickers to come in the mail....I believed the story when I fished with him too...fortunately I didn't pay to do so....

S
steelhead_stalkers
Actually, I wasn't thinking about that but good point. Luckily we found out about that before making any videos! Seems like the McKenzie is 90% want to be guides. :lol:

F
fredaevans
It may already be noted, but (like the Deschutes) you can't fish from a boat (one major exception) and same in the fly only section of the North Umpqua. Boats can only be used for transportation, but to be honest I don't recall ever seeing what was (obviously) a guide in a boat with a client.

M
Mad dog
steelhead_stalkers said:

I can guide for an outfitter out of my boat as long as I am a listed employee on his guide's license and don't need a sticker on my boat!

F
fredaevans
Mad dog said:
I can guide for an outfitter out of my boat as long as I am a listed employee on his guide's license and don't need a sticker on my boat!

I'd check that one out before you take that at 'face value.' Think required First Aid, etc., etc.