Backpacking fishing trip

E
Ethan079
New member
Hey everyone, I'm planning a 3-day backpacking trip for my birthday in April or may,and my main focus is fishing. I'm looking for recommendations on trails that lead to lakes or rivers known for good fishing spots. I'm open to suggestions from all areas in the state and various skill levels. Has anyone done a trip like this recently and have any suggestions on specific trails or spots.
 
Last edited:
Ethan079 said:
Hey everyone, I'm planning a 3-day backpacking trip for my birthday in April or may,and my main focus is fishing. I'm looking for recommendations on trails that lead to lakes or rivers known for good fishing spots. I'm open to suggestions from all areas in the state and various skill levels. Has anyone done a trip like this recently and have any suggestions on specific trails or spots.
That time of year most of your hike-in lake options are still going to be blocked by snow or frozen over. You could try backpacking along the upper McKenzie, but the water will be high and cold.

Keep in mind that general trout season doesn’t open until May 22 on most streams, so your options will be limited until then. I’d do a multi-day camp trip on the Deschutes or Crooked for your birthday and punt the backpacking trip to a more productive time of year. Once summer rolls around, the hiking options are endless!
 

Similar threads

J
Replies
2
Views
441
Davpot
D
F
Replies
4
Views
725
Irishrover
Irishrover
U
Replies
4
Views
3K
uintaangler
U
L
Replies
6
Views
4K
lukereif06
L
Senkosam
Replies
7
Views
665
copperjohn
copperjohn
Back
Top Bottom