Back yard Bassin

F
Finneus Polebender
Took the dogs out for a little run this evening grabbed the rod fired up the quad and headed for the back yard pond. got out there and the water was glass pulled up imediately my black lab is in the drink she thinks its her private pool.got her out after a couple minutes and started to make a few casts. out of the corner of my eye i saw some movement and turned my attention to it. Realized reel quick it was a school of babies runnin from somethin . watched for about a minute when thar she blew big ol swirl and wake as the babies exploded on the surface . It was a long ways but the ol curado didn't let me down .Put her right on the money first cast and the second she hit the water bump bump and fish on! Put up a great fight till she balled up in the weeds " glad I use braid". To make the evening even better topwatered two 12 " models about 10 minutes later in another spot. Measured the rod after I got back she was 19.5" figure right around 4 lbs, took a couple pics here ya go 050.jpg051.jpg052.jpg

T
TTFishon
Sweet!!! I knew I shoulda fished there the other day. lol

G
Growbug
thats a nice fish.. congrats

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Sweet!!! I knew I shoulda fished there the other day. lol

First time its produced ,gotten a couple bites before, but thats it. We will have to hit it next time.

R
ryan808
nice fish... the top water should be hitting soon at your place. Might have to make a trip down.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
ryan808 said:
nice fish... the top water should be hitting soon at your place. Might have to make a trip down.

Second that!

T
the_intimidator03
We should have another little bass get together. Nice fish FP,

F
Finneus Polebender
the_intimidator03 said:
We should have another little bass get together. Nice fish FP,

Will have to see if we can do that will be much more informal though will have to see what we can do after the 4th. Just let me know when you get that itch there Ryan and Zen my two smaller ponds are already kickin out top water big pond should be right behind them.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
She's a Beauty FP.
Ya done did reel good bro. :lol::lol::lol:

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool::cool:

T
Texas Basser
Nice! Good to know topwater is picking up.

J
JeannaJigs
Nice! Know where my pup gets her affinity for water from! She thought she could walk on water like the ducks she tried getting....mhm. I someday will have to try this bass thing again.

N
nwkiller
nice work FP

J
jmaf
Nice bass! Are we releasing them?

F
Finneus Polebender
jmaf said:
Nice bass! Are we releasing them?

Always released , went out last night again had one hit on the drop and two topwater strikes they were "little dudes". On the way to work this mornin noticed all the ponds were steaming glass prob would have been topwater heaven :rolleyes::rolleyes: course cuz I had ta work.

F
Finneus Polebender
JeannaJigs said:
Nice! Know where my pup gets her affinity for water from! She thought she could walk on water like the ducks she tried getting....mhm. I someday will have to try this bass thing again.

She is her moms girl she will be half fish you will not be able to keep her dry!

F
Finneus Polebender
Well the warm weather is makin them move .So many babys in the back pond very good sign . The boys had another big one on out there this afternoon . We just spent the evening out at the tractor pond the kids were all over em again out there bluegill and bass got one of the Dominator that kid is a machine!005.jpg004.jpg

F
Finneus Polebender
Hit up the backyard pond last night thought the incoming cooler weather might trigger a bite , think it shut it down no takers followed by cool and rainy this mornin I was looking to fish this eve too hope it clears up.