Avoiding the crowd

P
plumb2fish
Since the cat is out of the bag about my favorite small coastal stream having earlyfish, I opted to hit the Umpqua bar with 400 of my closest friends. We went out to 240' of water a pulled herring at 40 pulls with 16oz of lead....ended up 4-5 with one released coho.

• IMAG0224.jpg
jamisonace
jamisonace
Our boat was too small for the ocean so we got skunked in the bay and upriver.

Y
Yogidabear
I didn't get an invite so I guess that makes me 401? ;)

S
steelhead_slayer
gorgeous bright fish

T
TimberTodd
Nice trip!

P
plumb2fish
jamisonace said:
Our boat was too small for the ocean so we got skunked in the bay and upriver.
We were in a 16' Riverhawk sled....crossing Tue bar on an outgoing tide was interesting, but I did er.....

M
Mad dog
plumb2fish said:
We were in a 16' Riverhawk sled....crossing Tue bar on an outgoing tide was interesting, but I did er.....

A little pucker factor??? :lol:

Nice fish....240'.....3-4 miles offshore?

P
plumb2fish
Mad dog said:
A little pucker factor??? :lol:

Nice fish....240'.....3-4 miles offshore?

I thought Mosd was gonna take the seat he was sitting in with him when he stood up.....the pond was absolutely great until the tide changed....we should have gone in at that point, but decided to troll in from 240'...took at least an hr...the tide was ripping pretty good by the the time we pulled lines in 70ish
fow. I just buried the nose and kind of surfed in, if it wasn't for the 2'-3' chop it wouldnt have been an issue. The chop coupled with ebbing tide forced me to be at the top of my game.

Last edited:
D
dtikey
Better you guys then me...... Gene text me and said it was getting rough they were calling it. Did you run into him and Kevin their. They where their for Friday Saturday and yesterday and just killed it he said

P
plumb2fish
I talked to both of them on the phone. We were fishing a ways south of them. We pretty much stayed in the herd in case we had any problems.....

R
rippin fish lips
Hoping the bar is going to be flat WED.