Are you a species snob?

C
ColoradoTroutMan
I was curious if there were others like me who stick to one species or type of fish?

I like trout fishing and do it exclusively. I have caught other types of fish but really enjoy trout fishing. My friend doesn't understand it and gets irritated when I turn down his ideas to deep sea fish or try other types of fishing.

So are you a (insert species, type here) snob?

F
Finneus Polebender
Although most of my gear revolves around the bucketmouths, I would not turn down opps to catch just about anything that swims. I do maintain a basic amount of trout /salmon /steelhead / saltwater gear just in case the occasion should come along! Guess that means no lol.

C
capblack
absolutely!! i only fish for fish species

T
Throbbit _Shane
The tug is the drug!

I fish for everything! Most of the time I fish for bass, trout, salmon, steelhead though.

D
dtikey
every and all with the right gear they can all fight good, but for me mostly steelhead.I love tricking a finicky fish into biting then watching it clear 4 foot out of the water 6 times and burn across the water before control starts to set in

Y
Yogidabear
dtikey said:
every and all with the right gear they can all fight good, but for me mostly steelhead.I love tricking a finicky fish into biting then watching it clear 4 foot out of the water 6 times and burn across the water before control starts to set in

ditto
I have all the other gear to fish different species but after landing a couple of steelhead I'm afraid it's going to collect dust now. I'm even thinking about winter steelhead :)

H
halibuthitman
I don't know about the snob thing, but theres only one species i wake up at 3:30 am to chase-

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
I don't know about the snob thing, but theres only one species i wake up at 3:30 am to chase-
If you were more of a fly fisherman then you'd know the hatch doesn't start 'till 10:00.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Anything but carp, snob.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
OnTheFly said:
If you were more of a fly fisherman snob then you'd know the bite doesn't start 'till 10:00.:rolleyes:

fixed it!

O
OnTheFly
Better put if it were said to me.:D;)

R
rippin fish lips
Lol

Lol

Throbbit _Shane said:
fixed it!

Colorodotroutman, Trout in winter and summer steelhead in the summer. Although it's about to be all steelhead/salmon starting this coming winter.

Trout are still really fun to catch but each year i am starting to leave them alone for steelhead.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
J
john montana
Carp snob. I like to measure in lbs, not inches.

J
JeannaJigs
Anadromous snob represent, occassionally flinging bugs at trout, but they're at least the same family.

D
DYJ
yup, salmon and steelhead is my preference but I never turn away a trip to the salt. I actually think Ling Cod is one of my favorite eating fish

H
hookbait
I wouldn't say species snob as much as location. Littlefisher and I have the best times hike'n noisy rivers and streams through the woods. This pretty much leaves us trout, salmon, and steel.

F
fishindude
"The tug is the drug!" :dance::clap: Yeah Baby !! I like the way you think .:lol::lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
trout in rivers/lakes and winter steelhead. decided to stick to my main favorites and what im geared towards.

B
BobbiDollPDX
If I don't care to eat it, I tend to not fish for it. The exception is catfish cuz those buggers don't die, much less likely to die if I throw them back.

V
veilside180sx
1. Tuna
2. Steelhead
3. Bass (Large or Smallmouth)
4. Sturgeon
5. Chinook
6. Bottomfish
7. Halibut
8. Silvers
9. Trout
10. Shad
11. Panfish

This is all subject to change, based on what is in season and my mood that day...lol