Anyone going after the steel/chinook on the lower D ?

T
troutfisherman
just checkin if anybody is going down to maupin or below sherars falls
to try and catch some big fish !! im planing on going down there this weekend
ray: to and catch me a monster lol :lol:

M
mccarrel
Picked up two on spinners near the mouth. Saw someone else land two on a plug with a out rigger. Lower River is good.

T
troutfisherman
Picked up two on spinners near the mouth. Saw someone else land two on a plug with a out rigger. Lower River is good.

sweet do u knw if its good to fish near maupin or do i have to go lower then that to get a good chance at catching one of these monsters !

S
steelhead_slayer
i think my only chance to go will be next week. a little early, but im to get into something.

I
idahojeff
Im hitting the D on Sunday...80% sure...might go to Trillium instead...20%. Steelies or die!

F
Fish-N-Chips
The first four miles of the Deschutes from the mouth is red hot right now for steelhead . Wish I could go. Have fun at either spot you decide to go(=

T
troutfisherman
Im hitting the D on Sunday...80% sure...might go to Trillium instead...20%. Steelies or die!

Well if u do go down there please tell me how u do ! Thanks and the best of luck to you !

T
troutfisherman
The first four miles of the Deschutes from the mouth is red hot right now for steelhead . Wish I could go. Have fun at either spot you decide to go(=

That's really good to knw thank you ! I'm probly ganna hit the lower part then and we will have fun no problem wit that lol