Anyone ever pattern buckshot?

M
Mad dog
00 might shoot a bit high at 12 yds....or I shot high....hard to tell when he's standing there looking up at you in a tree! Didn't have a lot of time to think about it! Aimed for the neck and put a hole through his brainpan....and blew off an eyeguard and part of the other one! :rolleyes:

Anyway.....he didn't suffer a bit! :D
IMG_0514.jpg

M
Mad dog
Oh....It was real nice of the kid to tell me that I had blood on my face before he took the pic! El Bastardo!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
haha Always an adventure in your posts....

Nice buck! Glad you got your tag filled!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Mad dog said:
Oh....It was real nice of the kid to tell me that I had blood on my face before he took the pic! El Bastardo!!!

Was gonna let that go... thought maybe you took a bite out of the heart or something!

C
capblack
anything is going to shoot a little bit hi at 12 yds, plus if your shooting down or up you aim low. nice buck though, im very jealous!!

E
eugene1
Got to love blood shots, and your pic delivers x2!

Very nice buck, and your shop is OK too (I'm jealous).

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice buck man. Too bad about the eyeguards but I would say a perfect shot otherwise.

M
mikeredding
Great buck. I haven't heard of anyone using 00 buck since I was back east in the Navy. Very cool.

S
Santiam338
Wow,look at the body on that buck...Big mature bucks like that don't come easy...Grats..

M
Mad dog
mikeredding said:
Great buck. I haven't heard of anyone using 00 buck since I was back east in the Navy. Very cool.

He,he,he....how about slugs? Found out what a 12 ga. slug will do to a doe at 25yds yesterday morning! Just like that!!! Both my tags are gone!
IMG_0507.jpg

M
Mad dog
Santiam338 said:
Wow,look at the body on that buck...Big mature bucks like that don't come easy...Grats..

For sure a decent one, I'm thinking probably a 3-4 year old. Thick neck....this buck was for sure heading into the rut, had a nice smell about him! The youngest put on some surgical gloves and removed the tarsal glands to freeze and use in a couple of weeks during the late bowhunt!

M
Mad dog
eugene1 said:
Got to love blood shots, and your pic delivers x2!

Very nice buck, and your shop is OK too (I'm jealous).

I love my shop!!!

Unfortunately, I have to move!!! It's for sale if you want to buy it! Comes with a 2,400 sq. ft. house, about 15-20 deer on the hill behind it(most of which seem to be bucks this year!), 2 Tom turkeys that come by the trailcam just about every day....I call them Gump and Bubba! Gump is actually Mr. jake, we fed him this spring and apparentely he likes our property. Bubba seems to be his only friend! I love to turkey hunt....but can't kill either of these two!

M
Mad dog
capblack said:
anything is going to shoot a little bit hi at 12 yds, plus if your shooting down or up you aim low. nice buck though, im very jealous!!

I agree!!! Anything downhill is tough! As an old bowhunter I know exactly what you mean! I wouldn't even think to pattern a shotgun at 12 yds anyway!

J
juggernaut506
I've shot 00 buck out of an extra full choke a couple times before over water to see how much it spreads. The results were not much of a spread even at longer ranges.

P
PNW Sam
Nice man! Nothing better then a head shot.

T
Thuggin4Life
Mad dog said:
He,he,he....how about slugs? Found out what a 12 ga. slug will do to a doe at 25yds yesterday morning! Just like that!!! Both my tags are gone!
IMG_0507.jpg

freezer full, mission complete.

E
eugene1
Mad dog said:
I love my shop!!!

Unfortunately, I have to move!!! It's for sale if you want to buy it! Comes with a 2,400 sq. ft. house, about 15-20 deer on the hill behind it(most of which seem to be bucks this year!), 2 Tom turkeys that come by the trailcam just about every day....I call them Gump and Bubba! Gump is actually Mr. jake, we fed him this spring and apparentely he likes our property. Bubba seems to be his only friend! I love to turkey hunt....but can't kill either of these two!

You're in the right zone for me. I love the roseburg area! Thinking about starting a brewery somewhere. Does your shop/home come with a business zoning? Actually, I don't care about the house. LOL. good luck with your sale tho,