Any idea for flyline stripping bucket or basket?

S
spark
Shed some lights on your stripping bucket or basket or any thoughts for managing fly line in bank fishing?

I have a difficulty to manage a fly line when casting. When bank fishing, fly line is tangled on grass/bush/rocks, sometimes I stepped on the line.
Please share your thought and includes the picture if you have. You might add for boat fishing as well.

Thank you,
Spark.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
Lamzy
I made mine from a plastic basket. They sell them at BiMart, Tt is about 12 in long and 8 in wide. The strap is a old krate belt from Goodwill. I heated one side to soften the plastic and formed an indentation for my belly.
Works good and is a handy place to place small things.
KiltedBob

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
You don't need one of those!! All you need to do is fish more and learn some line management, don't worry it will come in time. Stripping baskets are for .........(insert rude comment here) When fishing have as much line out as your maximum distance to cast, plus about 5 feet to start with, more will be reveled over time young grasshopper. :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
sometimes ill LIGHTLY wrap it around my hand..usually i find it all neatly piled up in the water at my feet ..so busy focusing on my fly or indicator my hands do all the work without me noticing! :lol: only place you need a stripping basket would be somwhere like the jetty

S
spark
Thank you much for comments. I did a lot of research which type of basket will help me to carry the line. Frequently, I carried the line with hand, but lack of line management, the line stuck in the rocks, branches, and bushes. sometimes, stepped on the line with my boot. Furthermore, I need to shoot the line as soon as I want while moving or hiking. so come up with idea to make it. As you read in http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/stripping-baskets/, I chose flexi-stripper which is convenient to carry (worse than collapsed ones). So went to Goodwill and get a big basket, and make two of similar ones (large and medium size). I used adjustable belt to tie to my waist,and cable zip tie to hold the line with flexibility.

I didn't take myself wearing this, it works very well when shooting the line. How do you think?

stripper01.jpgstripper02.jpgstripper03.jpgstripper04.jpgstripper05.jpgstripper06_large.jpgstripper07_small.jpgstripper08.jpg