Ana Reservoir Fishing Reports

OneFishTwoFish
OneFishTwoFish
Weather is warming up this week and I would like to target Striped Bass at Ana Reservoir sometime in the near future. According to some old-timers at Summer Lake hotsprings, earlier in the season (March-May) is the ideal time to target these fish. These people are the only ones I personally have talked to that have fished Ana for Hybrid Bass while everything else I understand is from research online. However, because Ana did not freeze over this year and the temperate Winter thus far, would it perhaps be worth fishing Stipers here sooner, rather than later? Any input is appreciated.

I live in Prinetucky, so the drive is a reasonable distance (still 130+ miles though), and if any members are going in the coming months feel free to message me.

Admin
Admin
I found a video of Ana reservoir from a drone. Looks very promising for fishing.

Reactions: OneFishTwoFish
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Good trout fishing below it watch for rattlesnakes!

OneFishTwoFish
OneFishTwoFish
Fished it today on the kayak the action was HOT....for tui chub that is haha! Caught atleast twenty. Not a single bass on any rig but that seems to be the consensus. Rainbow fishing slow but the river was awesome. Too cold for snakes, which is ideal

Reactions: Admin
N
nickrcarter6
Ana never freezes over due to it being underground spring fed.

Reactions: Dwgwnr1969
Top Bottom