50/50 today

D
dtikey
So went to the slaw today about noon and seen the upper part where I like to fish was pretty full with boats and bankies so dropped down river to a pocket I know and turns out right choice.About my 5th cast in with a yarn ball fish on and the nice little hen went crazy jumping and so hook ended up popping out.Twenty or so minutes later with pink worm fish on and land this nice 31 inch hen.Buddy come down little later and I hook up agian with yarn ball jumnps see it was a buck so hand my pole off to him and he lands it which is a 29 inch buck.Hour or so later hook up on pink worm again but short lived as it pulled the hook tring to go down river on me.All in all pretty good time in a short period.Seen one other fish hooked up on hotshot that went crazy and wrapped around a guys oar then ended up breaking off on him and it was a nice fish as well. 20130210_114130.jpg20130210_133433.jpg20130210_134110.jpg

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
OnTheFly
That's awesome! Great report and post! I hope a lot of people read and consider composing threads like yours because this is the kind of stuff I can sink my teeth into. dtikey, you named what river you fished, what you caught your fish with, a great description of the battles, and pictures to boot! It was like I was there with you. I can read stuff like this all day!:clap::clap::clap:

Y
Yogidabear
Nice fish Mike.

S
Santiam338
Great job...

Congrats...

S
steelhead1
An excellent day! Seems like the action down there is picking up,good news for my friends that tell me it has been a slow start on the slaw.thx for the report:D

E
eugene1
Very cool dti, nice to give the hand off to your friend.

Sounds like it's picking up on the slaw,

S
steelhead_slayer
Good fish

R
rippin fish lips
Well done mike!!

B
bran_man
Beautiful thick chromer mike! Very nice of you to do a hand off when you could of had your limit.my kind of fishing right there

S
Scott M
Nice Hatch Hen!! God, but they are pretty!!

P
plumb2fish
Way to go bud. I need to give that crick another shot sometime this winter. Only gotten out one time in last 3 weeks and that was a nate show....my neighbors haven't gotten many fish this winter......

F
fuson22
The Slaw @ Whitikar down has been slow slow compared to the way it was exactly a year ago. I was looking at my tag earlier, and by this time in 2012 I had a very good number of fish on the ol' tag. That float on the slaw, or that stretch banking it and the Alsea from the hatchery down to the cedar tree hole are my usual slaying grounds from Jan-Mid March (when springer season is in full effect). So far this year they have BOTH been really low and slow. I think if we got some freakin RAIN!!! That would change things dramatically! I'm still having faith that it's coming, and that the rise in water height and water temp will have the chromer's on the move and triple the sad sad number of winter steel head in our coastal rivers.... Only time will tell I guess.

R
rippin fish lips
fuson22 said:
The Slaw @ Whitikar down has been slow slow compared to the way it was exactly a year ago. I was looking at my tag earlier, and by this time in 2012 I had a very good number of fish on the ol' tag. That float on the slaw, or that stretch banking it and the Alsea from the hatchery down to the cedar tree hole are my usual slaying grounds from Jan-Mid March (when springer season is in full effect). So far this year they have BOTH been really low and slow. I think if we got some freakin RAIN!!! That would change things dramatically! I'm still having faith that it's coming, and that the rise in water height and water temp will have the chromer's on the move and triple the sad sad number of winter steel head in our coastal rivers.... Only time will tell I guess.[/QUOT

Fished real good yesterday. Not to mention last years run was really good with plenty and plenty of fish around.