5 Lbs slab of Steel

P
Phil_Bud
Caught this one on the Salmon River...trib. to the Klamath River.
Posted him here so people can see this nice winter steely...1st of the year 4 me.
Sorry bout the cell phone pictures.
Clean release on this buck too...get him again next weekend...:pray:
 
Last edited:
G
GDBrown
Phil_Bud said:
Caught this one on the Salmon river...trib to the Klamath.
Posted here so people could see this hog winter steely...1st of the year 4 me.
Sorry bout the cell pictures.
Clean release on this buck too...get him again next weeend...:pray:

Beautiful fish ya got there! I really like the way you are holding him in the second photo. Not so much in the first one since you were releasing him. Please handle every fish as if it were a newborn babe.

You're a good man you catch on quick!

GD
 
Last edited:
H
Hawk
Phil_Bud said:
Caught this one on the Salmon river...trib to the Klamath.
Posted here so people could see this hog winter steely...1st of the year 4 me.
Sorry bout the cell pictures.
Clean release on this buck too...get him again next weeend...:pray:


Ya got a reel beauty thar BRo,
Great Job.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! Did I miss the fists of fury shot?
 
P
Phil_Bud
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish! Did I miss the fists of fury shot?
Is the "fist of fury" grabbing it by the gills and tongue? or just through the jaw?
 
T
Thuggin4Life
Phil_Bud said:
Is the "fist of fury" grabbing it by the gills and tongue? or just through the jaw?
anywhere that could cause harm to the fish but mainly a fist under the gillplate. this is on such example....12321.jpg
 
P
Phil_Bud
GDBrown said:
Beautiful fish ya got there! I really like the way you are holding him in the second photo. Not so much in the first one since you were releasing him. Please handle every fish as if it were a newborn babe.

You're a good man you catch on quick!

GD
Thanks for the heads up...now I know..that 1 swam off fine...no more will get the "fist of fury" from me though!
 
M
MIKE (YGA)
nice fish bud... hawg
 
M
mgdguy
That's a beauty! :clap:
 
T
TTFishon
Beautiful fish man!
 
C
Chedster
Beautiful fish! I have gotten to the point where I leave the native fish in the water while I get them released. Snap a pic in the water and off he goes.
 
P
Phil_Bud
Chedster said:
Beautiful fish! I have gotten to the point where I leave the native fish in the water while I get them released. Snap a pic in the water and off he goes.
They all native in that river...i knw what u mean though...
theres a reason they're called steelhead though...they tough fish
lol jus sayin.
 
P
Phil_Bud
MIKE (YGA) said:
nice fish bud... hawg
Thanks MIKE YGA....it looked way bigger in real life then in that pic huh lol?
good weekend.
 
G
GDBrown
Phil_Bud said:
Thanks for the heads up...now I know..that 1 swam off fine...no more will get the "fist of fury" from me though!
We're all here to share and learn, I do more learning and I've been fishing for 45years.

My next challenge is "Steelhead on a Fly rod". Anyone want to take me out and show me how it is done?

GD
 
P
Phil_Bud
GDBrown said:
We're all here to share and learn, I do more learning and I've been fishing for 45years.

My next challenge is "Steelhead on a Fly rod". Anyone want to take me out and show me how it is done?

GD
No doubt...Good luck with that... Ive haven't landed my first steely on a fly rod either ....just half pounders.
 
M
MIKE (YGA)
yea it did... we needa get a good camera! nice catch tho it took that glo bug like a champ!
 

Similar threads

The Guides Forecast
2 3
Replies
52
Views
13K
The Guides Forecast
The Guides Forecast
troutdude
Replies
4
Views
1K
LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
bass
Replies
1
Views
2K
Gulfstream
G
rogerdodger
Replies
8
Views
1K
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bass
Replies
7
Views
2K
bass
bass
Top Bottom