4-3-11 Very slow

N
Noahk
Fished Davis Bar area today and didn't see or hear of a single fish landed. My buddy manged a quick hookup but the fish broke the line when it got close to the kayak. Yes I said kayak. Nice day on the water but no fish. Mostly trolled herring but also anchored up a bit.

S
SALTYFISH
My buddy said every year they raise the river for some reason. And when they do that the fishing dies (makes the fish run right next to the bank). From my under standing thet raised it either thurs or fri. They really didn't want fish caught this year!

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey were you anchored up right above frenchmans with another kyak? I thought I seen the nothing out there, maybe it was just you then. I was in the small camo boat that kept staring. we didn't see any fish either.

Last edited:
C
capblack
slow fishin is better than no fishin, can you guess which one i been doin??

brandon4455
brandon4455
capblack said:
slow fishin is better than no fishin, can you guess which one i been doin??

exactly. getting out is better then staying in.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
exactly. getting out is better then staying in.
For sure, I never have a bad day fishing!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just thinking there might be fewer fish out there right now as compared to last year. I checked the Bonniville count from this year to last and here are the stats...... for Chinook Salmon over the dam.

March 2010 482 Chinook
March 2011 161 Chinook

April 2010 134,447 Chinook
April 2011 89 (So Far on three day count)
April 2010 554 ( on first three day count)

They always close the season on the Columbia just as the big push of fish come in. Guess that to allow a big escapement of fish to go on up river.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah we took brandons wife out with us. fished from fisrt light until almost 2. that last time we passed you guys and turned back up we were headed to the ramp.

N
Noahk
You heading out again this weekend?

T
Thuggin4Life
Didn't the river just close on the 4th? Not really sure where to troll the will for springers. mainly just know the davis bar to cattapiller island strwech of the columbia and fished up by I-5 once.

N
Noahk
I meant on the willie. I'm sure you could just follow the other boats, there should be about a million of them. The only place I've fished on the willie for springers is Sellwood. Which is a short little troll pretty much right at the bridge. I know people also will troll down close to Ross Island too among other spots.

T
Thuggin4Life
I might but need to try to save money for the trout opener at wickiup. Hopefully i can make it happen.