24 pound steelhead

B
bran_man
Couple of my fishing buddies hit the river a few days ago ( I was stuck at work as usual) and they slayed em. I believed they went 21 for 26 or something crazy like that between the two. anyways, my friend Brad picked up this beast! Weight is just an estimate, but its pretty accurate. Caught and released safely. :)

• downsized950306121137a.jpg
Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
jeez...big ol fish!! i saw one that size in january sitting in a tailout..scared the crap outta me at first wouldnt bite anything either..

B
BobbiDollPDX
Holy crap, that's huge!

H
halibuthitman
very nice.. I saw one like that too in january... every single night in my dreams... ( the one in my dreams was a clear finned chromer though, probably the same fish but its colored up since then )

I
idahojeff
Wow...

troutdude
troutdude
Holy hawgs Batman! What a beast!!!

Happy to see it safely returned, to produce some...ready...wait for it...here we go...

OFFspring!!!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bran_man
halibuthitman said:
very nice.. I saw one like that too in january... every single night in my dreams... ( the one in my dreams was a clear finned chromer though, probably the same fish but its colored up since then )

Ha ha I think a lot of us have seen that same fish!

B
bran_man
troutdude said:
Holy hawgs Batman! What a beast!!!

Happy to see it safely returned, to produce some...ready...wait for it...here we go...

OFFspring!!!

Yeah we definitely want a fish like that to bear more generations.

B
BlackBass
That fish is a Monster , all of 24lbs could easily be over that. Amazing fish congrats!

P
plumb2fish
Brandon I was told that fish was 43" long, if it had typical steelhead proportions of girth being really close to half the length, that toad was closer 25.5lbs according to the weight calculator on another fishing site that I frequent. I watched another one of my friends have one pretty close to that size flop on his leader and pull the hook in the same hole where Brad got that one.....I love February through April.....

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Was wondering if that thing was gonna surface... flippin hooter...

D
dtikey
yes was a good day that day I went 7 for 14 and brad went 6 for 9 with that hog that was 43 inch and close to 28-29 inch girth.Thats what we love about winter..

B
bran_man
dtikey said:
yes was a good day that day I went 7 for 14 and brad went 6 for 9 with that hog that was 43 inch and close to 28-29 inch girth.Thats what we love about winter..

Man I can't wait til I have some time off work again so I can get back out there!

J
jawjacker
Appreciate the post that's what I like to see. What a fine specimen.

J
Johnny Southpaw
What a monster :clap: Can't imagine having that thing tugging at the end of my line. Wow.

D
dtikey
the best part is we got most of it on video plus like 6 other videos that day and after that day of hooking 23 fish went back couple days later and hooked 19 more

S
steelhead_stalkers
Got to love the big U! Nice fish.

D
dtikey
And then we went back yesterday and hooked into 18 more but biggest only pushing 15lbs this time

H
Hendo30
Man o' Man....awesome fish....Thanks for sharing...Hopfully next time you wont be at work and in the next Glamour Shot