2023 Rifle Bucks

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
If you shoot one, east or west side, post em up with a story. I passed a spike opening morning and saw like 8 or 9 does. My brother decided to shoot the spike so at least I got to pack some meat. I’m holding out for one of the three mature ones I scouted in summer.

• 40A608E8-FBCA-422A-AAEE-DC57FA06D4F3.png
  • 1E6A7724-55AD-4333-92C9-C3B7B62ED113.jpeg
Reactions: WishinIwasFishin, TheKnigit and O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
I'm waiting for something bigger too.

Reactions: WishinIwasFishin, SiletzTroutKiller and O. mykiss
SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Passed a forky who’s neck was swollen Monday afternoon outside Siletz. Will have new report this weekend

WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
SiletzTroutKiller said:
If you shoot one, east or west side, post em up with a story. I passed a spike opening morning and saw like 8 or 9 does. My brother decided to shoot the spike so at least I got to pack some meat. I’m holding out for one of the three mature ones I scouted in summer.
Should be a tasty one...
New to Black tail hunting myself, Used to muleys. Any Luck calling in black tails during the rut?
Hunting the Stott mountain unit in 2 weeks, Plenty of Elk, bear, and does on my trail cameras but these damn bucks are hard to find, Maybe why I am so intrigued by them...
Any Tips or pointers greatly appreciated.
Couple trail cam photos to keep the mood up...

ear2.jpg

100_0003.JPG

100_0011.JPG

Reactions: SiletzTroutKiller
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice one bedded down in the yard this week.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
WishinIwasFishin said:
Should be a tasty one...
New to Black tail hunting myself, Used to muleys. Any Luck calling in black tails during the rut?
Hunting the Stott mountain unit in 2 weeks, Plenty of Elk, bear, and does on my trail cameras but these damn bucks are hard to find, Maybe why I am so intrigued by them...
Any Tips or pointers greatly appreciated.
Couple trail cam photos to keep the mood up...

View attachment 640284
View attachment 640285
View attachment 640286
I’ve killed quite a few animals in the Stott. Used to be top tier Blacktail hunting before the mountain lion population exploded. I’ve never called one in but you can use rattling antlers and/or a can call. I’ve killed 90% of my Blacktail by hiking in behind a gate and glassing steep canyons.

Reactions: WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
After some scouting and hiking with my daughter in the area, we can confirm the mountain lion theory...
Looks like this thing was used as a chew toy, Probably was a nice looking buck.

Deer Head.jpg

Diehard
Diehard
WishinIwasFishin said:
After some scouting and hiking with my daughter in the area, we can confirm the mountain lion theory...
Looks like this thing was used as a chew toy, Probably was a nice looking buck.

View attachment 640289
Break that skull in 2 pieces its illegal to have intact skull if your not already aware cool find

Reactions: WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
Diehard said:
Break that skull in 2 pieces its illegal to have intact skull if your not already aware cool find
Thanks for the heads up, guess I have my rattle call now...

Reactions: Diehard
Creeker
Creeker
Scored my second buck ever (and my best) earlier this week. I was solo so the front facing camera/self timer photos aren’t great but they do the job.

• Wow
Reactions: TheKnigit, Diehard, SiletzTroutKiller and 1 other person
WishinIwasFishin
WishinIwasFishin
Creeker said:
Scored my second buck ever (and my best) earlier this week. I was solo so the front facing camera/self timer photos aren’t great but they do the job.
Awesome finish!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Tagged this forky with a broken left side on Tuesday morning. After two of my target bucks got smoked and my honey hole blown out I hiked in behind my trusty backup gate I knew held deer. Dumped rain from 7-9:00 am then that sun came out. My brother spotted him around 700 yards away and we stalked into 483 yards and I let the .257 Weatherby eat. 6th buck in 6 years and 3rd from behind this particular gate. Thank you God.

Reactions: TheKnigit, WishinIwasFishin, Diehard and 1 other person