2 for 2 in a foreign land

C
ChezJfrey
Thanks to Native Fisher!

I've been down here in Myrtle Point for the week. Have visited many times, but never fished. Lugged some of my arsenal down here to change that fact.

On Monday, met Native Fisher and we walked the beat in the style I like best...spying prime water and plying the nooks and crannies, searching for those ever-so-sly steelhead. Water started out great, the river and structure was all stunning and screaming steelhead, but the level was coming up a bit and coloring up some with the rain and we just couldn't seem to find any...well, except for that one Native was too slow on the draw ;)

Rivers blew out the next two days, but started coming down yesterday. Hit a different system with Native Fisher again today, another stunning example of the water they have down here, and I came up with 2 and a few smolt thrown in just for kicks....though maybe those steel were smolt too? LOL

Great looking water here...the hike-in spots are really a treat.

C
ChezJfrey
Oh, and for <pick your deity>'s sake, DO NOT TRAVEL to fish! Something about that messes up all karma or something....

All told, I wound up with two broken rod tips, a broken pair of sunglasses, two lost floats (when's the last time I lost the entire float rig?) probably 4 jigs...what else? Good thing I'm slow to ire...could have made for a disastrous day for Native if I had a hot head, eh? Lucky for you :)

E
eugene1
New to me water is really fun for me to fish!

Expectations are low but you never know...

Sounds like a good time and glad you met up with Native Fisher down there.

N
Native Fisher
Had a blast, was great meeting you in person! Monday was a bit of a disaster with the broken tips, rain, some hail, and lost gear but was still fun. Today was awesome, I was super stoked to see you land those two chromers, chrome winters on that stream this time of year are hard to find! I enjoyed hiking down those canyons and trying to spy fish from the top almost as much as the fishing itself. Plus when is the last time you had that many MILES of river to yourself without another fisherman in sight?

C_Run
C_Run
Myrtle Point? I thought maybe you'd been to Nunavut or something.:D

I snapped a rod in two the other day so I feel your pain.

C
ChezJfrey
Long arm ;)

20150326_091226.jpg
20150326_091146.jpg