0 for 2 at Florence,

plumbertom
plumbertom
I enjoyed my trip so much the other day, I just had to try again.
Got to the bayshore there on Rhododendron this morning Not long after sunrise.
Found a good spot to cast from, a flat topped larger rock above the high tide line about a foot, and tossed spinners until 11:30 when the tide changed.
4 hours of casting in the rain off and on with nothing to show except a bunch of salad.
When should I plan on moving upriver to fish?
On the way home, I noticed many Boats clustered on the river right near the launch/dock at the train trestle. More than up or down river. Is that cluster**** there because the fish are there or is it because of the launch?
Does casting spinners from the shore work up river and should I try different colors if they do?
I surely need to catch a salmon to test my ability to smoke it in my new smoker.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
RR bridge, above and below, is a highly productive stretch of water...heavily fished right on to the end of October...cheers, roger

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
It has slowed considerably this last week OFF Rhody, I was at Winchester yesterday got a few huge crab and heard of 4 Nooks caught at Half Moon, the Mudhole in the marina has a bunch off rolling jumping fish that wont hit the spinners thrown in their face!!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
plumbertom said:
I enjoyed my trip so much the other day, I just had to try again.
Got to the bayshore there on Rhododendron this morning Not long after sunrise.
Found a good spot to cast from, a flat topped larger rock above the high tide line about a foot, and tossed spinners until 11:30 when the tide changed.
4 hours of casting in the rain off and on with nothing to show except a bunch of salad.
When should I plan on moving upriver to fish?
On the way home, I noticed many Boats clustered on the river right near the launch/dock at the train trestle. More than up or down river. Is that cluster**** there because the fish are there or is it because of the launch?
Does casting spinners from the shore work up river and should I try different colors if they do?
I surely need to catch a salmon to test my ability to smoke it in my new smoker.

whatever you do, don't ease up now, the 'coho show' is going to start very soon and that is a lot of fun for lots of people on boats and the bank...

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
If you a talking "up" river at the farnham launch,that wont happen until mid to late October and that's just depending on if the water cools down and rises up some (it is VERY low). I always know when the fish are up in Mapleton is when i see the ospreys flying around and i have not seen a single one yet

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GoBlueFan said:
If you a talking "up" river at the farnham launch,that wont happen until mid to late October and that's just depending on if the water cools down and rises up some (it is VERY low). I always know when the fish are up in Mapleton is when i see the ospreys flying around and i have not seen a single one yet

agreed, that show comes later...coming very soon is the 'coho show' on the lower river with silvers jumping continuously in the river below the 101 bridge and on up through the RR bridge, with lots getting caught at the Rhody wall.

plumbertom
plumbertom
rogerdodger said:
whatever you do, don't ease up now, the 'coho show' is going to start very soon and that is a lot of fun for lots of people on boats and the bank...
It's Currently my intention to get back down to the "Rhoddy Wall" as often as possible while fuel prices are down, although I'm expecting to run out of tire rubber on one of my wheels before too many more trips if I don't find a replacement tire soon.

C
coyo7e
Sounds like you're making good progress, your previous post was "struck out"! :D

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Windy there today and slow saw one 22 inch Coho caught the fish are late this year! But I have seen some nice nooks caught in the last month!