Recent content by rileyjellis

  1. R

    A few small cutties on the Little Nestucca River

    Would you throw for sea run cuts at this time?
  2. R

    A few small cutties on the Little Nestucca River

    Thanks Dave! I'll check it out.
  3. R

    A few small cutties on the Little Nestucca River

    I took a trip to the Little Nestucca River this weekend, hoping to get into some cutthroat on the dry fly. The drive was lovely, the river was lovely, and the weather was lovely. All blue skies and hot sunshine. Therein lied the problem – the fish where not biting. I speculate that the sunshine...
  4. R

    Tips for Sea Run Cutthroat

    Will do! Mitch is a great guy – I've bought flies from him before. Thanks again for the great advice!
  5. R

    Tips for Sea Run Cutthroat

    Hey fellow Oregonians, I'd love some tips for fishing SRCs this time of year. I understand its early, although the ODFW said they're starting to run. Would I be best to try estuaries? What does that process look like? We have a few rivers in Lincoln City that meet the ocean. Should I just...
  6. R

    Fishing around Salem?

    Great to know. Thanks for the info!
  7. R

    Fishing around Salem?

    Good to know. I actually did catch a cuttie out of Mill Creek the other day. I fished at a pullout outside of Turner. Hopefully I wasn't trespassing! Are you a fly fisherman? Any recommendations on what I should be throwing in these creeks?
  8. R

    Fishing around Salem?

    I'm looking for some good fly fishing streams around Salem where I can get into some casual fish. I'm a real novice, so anything close to 10-inches would satisfy me. From my understanding, a lot of these streams around are pretty desolate. Streams I plan to try: Silver Creek, Pudding River...
Back
Top Bottom