It's been quite a while since I've made that run out to the chicken ranch. On halibut openers that place could get busy do to it's productivity.
looks like it was a productive trip for your boat. Nice load of fish and I bet the filet knife got a work out. Newport has always been a good bottom...
Get an extra oar lock, and keep it in one of the side bags. When it arrives set you your oars so the fit you well. I have the South Fork and a Bronco both are a lot of fun. The oars on mine came with the big rubber donuts so you can set the perfect length for your arms. The also work with...
Crossed the Deschutes at Warm Springs last Thursday. It looked good. The question is how the the White River is flowing. It can cause problems for the lower Deschutes and it enters the Deschutes not too far from Maupin.
"Oregon's Columbia River Basin Endorsement
All Oregon-licensed anglers...
Start checking out some of the many youtube videos. There are many different methods to go after them. Watching those videos may help you narrow down what you want to try. Drift fishing, spinners, spoons and bobber all have their place, but there is a learning curve to each method. Besides...
They key to the Columbia River, is to not be out there in a small open bow boat when there is a strong up river wind blowing against a down river current. This situation creates taller wave at short intervals. Over the years I have fished the Columbia from its mouth to Boardman and found that...
Fish taco time! Looks like you had a great time on a nice smooth salty day. Just a few days back the water conditions were quite ugly. Nice to see folks out there having fun.
We just returned from a ten day trip to Paulina Lake. We stayed a the east end of the lake, Little Crater Camp Ground. Great view of the lake and nice spot to anchor the boat. The fishing was hot and cold just like the weather. One fine morning we found ourselves scraping ice off the seats...
Just got back from a week of leisurely fly fishing at Walton lake. I must admit that I do miss the ocean and the recent post about salmon fishing out of Newport drove that feeling home. However I truly did enjoy cruising around on my Bucks Bag pontoon boat and using the fly gear. The weather...
"lost a very large king." Now that's not good. I remember a few fish I've caught, but I remember all the big ones that that made it to the boat and made their escape! Go get him on the next trip.