wilson reports?

C
CurtisP87
Anybody hit the Wilson since the bit of rain we got? Looks like the water came up a good bit, and is now dropping back down. I'm thinking about making the drive this weekend, hows she looking?

O
OnTheDrop
If I were a little closer id be on one of my fav rocks prior to legal light tonorrow...

C
CurtisP87
That's how I felt also...this will be my first fall to be fishing out here, so I'm trying to learn how the weather patterns affect the fish. In general is the coastal fishing best as the water levels are going up, as it recedes from a spike, or while its at its peak...?

O
OnTheDrop
I do my best about 3-4 days after a river system peaks. Maybe even sooner on a smaller stream which clears faster. When It comes back into shape thats the hammer time. I do my best on the Wilson at around 4-5ft.

B
Bankdrifter
I just left Wilson tonight, water is great fish are jumping. Make sure you bring everything. I used gold/silver spoon, pink/silver spoon, with and without eggs. Also shrimp sent. Even tried jigs, spin glow. I worked it shallow and deep. Water is still really clear. I will be going again Friday. Anyone have any suggestion?

C
ChezJfrey
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I do my best on the Wilson at around 4-5ft.

Same here when I fish it.

C
CurtisP87
Cool, thanks for the advice. Looks like it should be perfect tomorrow morning, sadly I work...maybe I'll make it out Monday, ill post a report.